1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2007 Tahoe, Stealthy Boss Plow Mount

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by ispperformance, Sep 27, 2011.

1. ispperformance

ispperformance Junior Member

Ok, so I was moving away from the snow, but then bought another house here in Central NY, so with my old plow truck being sold, it was time to turn my personal vehicle into my plow vehicle. 2007 Chevy Tahoe, with a Boss Sport 7'6", per the mounting instructins they wanted me to slice and dice the front bumper so that I had a huge opening. I have seen other Tahoes the local installers did, and I knew I didn't want to hack up my truck. So instead I installed my Boss mount my way, as stealthly as possible, check out the pcs below:

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Looks great.
  3. tahoe526

tahoe526 Junior Member

can you tell be how you put the plow mount on your tahoe I am trying to do that to my tahoe every place i went they told me they would have to cut up the bumper
  4. cwby_ram

cwby_ram Senior Member

Almost can't even see it's there. That's awesome, good work! Thumbs Up
  5. BOSSMAN21

BOSSMAN21 Senior Member

Id make sure the plow fits on there before the snow flies, I had mine that way and the plow wouldn't come the whole way up to lock in. You'res probably works, just saying to warn you.
  6. JK-Plow

JK-Plow Senior Member

7. ispperformance

ispperformance Junior Member

I checked it a a few times and adjusted my cuts 3 times. All dealers and the instructions show cutting out an entire section of the bumper. In the center I riveted in the lower fairing skirt after it fell off the first few times I pushed up some snow banks. I have had a lot of boss guys ask me about the install. I was just trying to keep the family SUV a "sleeper" plow machine.
  8. very nice setup man.
  9. njsnowremoval

njsnowremoval Senior Member

Any pics with the plow on her?
  10. StrongestDad

StrongestDad Member

Oh hell no. Looks horrible. I have an 08 z71 suburban. Wouldn't ever have thought of destroying that 1500$ bumper. I would've just bought a pos pickup or jeep in the summer for <1000.$ in the summer with a plow. Resale value and trade in is destroyed as well. With the $ to buy houses why not just buy a truck ???
  11. njsnowremoval

This is the most ascinine post i have seen in a wile. First off this tahoe doesnt appear to be a z71. Secondly If and when he sells it he cansell it with the plow and it would make perfect sense. Also there is an 08 tahoe at my local chevy dealer and it is sold used with a plow. it is the same price as the identical truck they have for sale with out it. could it lower the resale value. Yes. However its not significant especcially if he keeps it for 100k+ miles.
  12. StrongestDad

StrongestDad Member

Ok let's see. Guy has enough money to probably buy a brand new tahoe but chooses to destroy a perfect bumper. How is that an asinine post. . It's my ******* opinion I wouldn't have done it to my suburban z71 or LT. Mabe I'm wrong about the resale value thing cuz I'm not a car salesman but it's my opinion hero.
  13. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

You should last a long time around here....
  14. StrongestDad

StrongestDad Member

Really. Ur all a bunch of babies like this??? **** it. I'll keep my mouth shut. I'll conform to ur ways Come on. Lighten up guys. Was just my opinion. Bumper is ruined.
  15. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

What a docher
  16. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Do you use "ur" because you don't know the difference between your and you're?

I could argue the bumper is actually improved. It now allows the use of a snow plow.
  17. StrongestDad

StrongestDad Member

Text habit bro
  18. njsnowremoval

I like this. ussmileyflag

19. Odessy9

Odessy9 Junior Member

Was really happy to see this mount picture, and would like more information, like pictures underside and more about the problems you faced.

I have a new 2012 Suburban, and someday down the line It's going to wind up with a Boss plow mount on it.

See, I can afford the house, and the New Suburban, and I can also afford to chop the bumper to put the plow on. I have a 2000 K2500 Diesel that I use now, but it's getting old, and every once in a while, It doesn't want to get up and plow.

It would be nice to be able to pop the plow on the New Guy if that happened, but I admit the big ugly plow mount makes me hold back.

This "stealthy" mount looks OK to me, and if it means being able to get out of my 5000' driveway if the "POS" truck won't work, then I think that's a pretty good option. \

Nothing worse than having all this stuff, and then having to call up a friend to plow you out cause the 12 year old truck wont start, or plow wont mount.

Thanks for the info, and I like the comment about the "improved" bumper that will now accept the plow.ussmileyflag
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2012
  20. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

Good deal ,clean installation and without the cost and hassle of a whole other plow truck to maintain to boot....
    As far as depreciation ? I guess when the time comes he can weigh the cost of a $300 aftermarket replacement bumper to any hit the truck may or may not take when he sells it. Maybe even mount a couple of driving lights in the holes and call it an upgrade :)