1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2007 Tacoma

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by dangyankee, Jan 1, 2009.

1. dangyankee

dangyankee Junior Member

Good Evening.
    I am thinking of getting a plow for my Tacoma 4x4 (2007 crew cab) and don't even know where to start. I want to just use for my driveway (75 yard, generally straight). Can anyone give me a thumnail of cost, types, pros, cons?

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Start with your nearest plow dealer. See what they have to offer and go from there.
  3. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

4. matts27

matts27 Senior Member
    from CT

Easily 3000-4500 new... front springs soft, change 'em to after market, besides that all Good!
  5. VTDave

VTDave Member
    from VT

I plow my 900' driveway with a Snowbear. Lots of people love to hate Snowbears because you have to manually set the angle and they're not a "real plow" (read: heavy). On the plus side, a Snowbear should only set you back $1200 and they're pretty reliable, mechanically. I'm happy with mine. Plus, it'll save on wear and tear to your light duty truck.

But I'm a minimalist. I plow with a 4 cylinder Tacoma. It gets the job done.
  6. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

believe itor not , USED snow plows are EASY to find, cheap and dont break down

Iv had just as many problems with a new one, as a used one, and alot of the parts that are common, are just becasue it sits all summer, and rusts , uv sun light... that kinda thing

i would look for a good used plow , most likly a snow way 22 id bet it would be around the 2k or less with install. if your really tight, maybe that snow bear is alright, but until you run a regular plow , u dont know what your missing, and if your doing driveways..the snow way has down pressure ,
  7. 98tacoma

98tacoma Junior Member

You may want to look into a Snowsport. I'm very happy with mine. The downside (for some) is that you have to manually have to set the blade angle and lower it. The upside is that it is a simple design ie nothing to break or not work right and simple to use and store. If you have any questions about it search the forum, I posted pics of it in action last year pushing about 10" with no problem with a 98 Tacoma 4cyl. If you have any questions, pm me.
  8. ToyTruck

ToyTruck Junior Member

03 Tacoma with Curtis

I've had a Curtis HomePro 7' poly on my Tacoma for 3 or 4 years, it's been very good. It's not quite as wide as I 'd like sometimes but it works well and isn't too heavy. I was able to find it used so it was reasonable.