1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2007 Silverado 1500

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by rouiskim44, Nov 29, 2011.

1. rouiskim44

rouiskim44 Junior Member
    from DC

I am new to snow plows, and have a work truck that I want to add a plow to, I only plan on plowing three properties that I own, what do I need to do to make the truck strong enough to handle a plow.

I was told that in '07 Chevy made the frame weaker, which is why plows are not readily available for this truck, is this true?

I have read in this forums that I should I had Timbren does this help?

Some guidance would be nice, I'm completely lost, and just don't want to destroy my truck.

2. SkiJohnnyB

SkiJohnnyB Member

1/2 ton or 3/4 or ? My last was a 98 Tahoe 1/2 ton with a Meyer Pro 7.5'....had to add timbers as the truck was not rated for that plow.just set up q 1/2 ton 2007 CHEV silverado classic w a Meyer pro v ld 7.5 and put sumo springs on it. The sumo seems to not compromise the ride like the timbrens did...will let you know more once it snows how it works.

3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Does your truck look like an 06 or 08?

4. ed39

ed39 Senior Member

I have an 07 classic carrying a 800lb 7.5 diamond torsion bar keys and homemade timbrens Carrys it just fine no issues at all

5. Nickymaggs

Nickymaggs Junior Member
    from PA

I had a 2002 chevy 1500 with a boss 7' 6" poly standard duty on it. I only used the truck for one season. I did not put a Timbren kit on it. Never had a problem with handling, it just made the truck squat alot. I would recommend putting the Timbren on though. The only problem I had was the front hubs on the truck that house the bearings went bad twice in one season due to the extra weight. When installed the truck had 65000 miles on the originals hubs. When they went bad I put on hubs I bought from Advanced auto. Went bad in 3 month. I ended up buying moog hubs and installed them towards the end of the season. More money and was told they are a better product. I have since sold the truck before i got a chance to see if the moog hubs were any better. Hope this helps

6. SkiJohnnyB

SkiJohnnyB Member

Homemade timbrens....that is worth a pic.

7. ed39

ed39 Senior Member

i will try and snap a pic for you but basically all i did was. i had the torsion keys so when the truck was leveled off the factory bump stop was not touching the a arm anymore. when i bought the truck bone stock it was resting on the bump stops. after the lift i had about an inch gap between the lower a arm and bump stop.so i drilled a hole and bolted a hockey puck on to the lower arm taking up the space. when i raised the plow i gained an inch and my ride did not change what so ever