1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2007 silverado 1500 with Western pro 8ft

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by geereed, Nov 20, 2007.

1. geereed

geereed Senior Member

Just got the plow installed on the new truck. 2007 silverado 1500 lt extended cab with Western ultamount pro 8 footer.

New truck with plow 002.jpg

New truck with plow 019.jpg

New truck with plow 007.jpg

New truck with plow 001.jpg

New truck with plow 013.jpg

Last edited: Nov 20, 2007
  2. Idealtim

Idealtim Senior Member

Nice new truck! I remember some one on here talking about how the intensifire lights match the '08 chevy headlights, I think it really looks good.

What engine is in it?

3. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

nice looking setup my man....thats what my future plans are g6od luck with it

4. Labratz

Labratz Junior Member

i need a job like you man
    all new toys lol looks really nice for a new truck
    i am a old truck guy but that looks great

5. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

nice truck!! Where in NY are you?

6. geereed

geereed Senior Member

Trumansburg just outside of Ithaca.

7. BETHELSKIER

BETHELSKIER Senior Member

I like it a lot.The Chevy seems to handle it good. I ordered mine but wont get it until Dec. 7. Good luck with it this year

8. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Seeet truck and plow

9. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Isn't the 8' Pro a heavy plow for the 1500?

10. geereed

geereed Senior Member

I guess its a matter of who you ask. Its 699 pounds and i plow alone not with 5 people in the truck. when i lift the plow the front only drops 3/4 of a inch and it drives and rides alot better than my 2500HD did so me and my back are happy. Western makes and sells the mounts for the 1500 so there must be a reason.

11. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

looks great man I'm not sure if your getting a spreader or not. I'd throw some salt bags, sand bags or block in the back to keep the back tires from spinning. I'm sure you'll do great. I know what you mean by handing. I've got an 05 1500 z71 I wish I didn't lift the piss out of, id throw a plow on it. great looking truck!

12. jpragana3

jpragana3 Junior Member

that truck looks sweat!!! i have the same truck but a GMC i'm puting a 7.5 fisher RD on next week. the coil springs handle the weight ok? I ordered timbrens because i was worried about the ###s:confused:

13. topdj

topdj Senior Member

I put a Hiniker 700 on my 07 GMC crew and the front end hardly drops at all, plow only weights 458 maybe 480 with the shoes and snow deflector.

14. geereed

geereed Senior Member

The truck handles the weight just fine. I would say getting a 2 inch leveling kit for the front just to get the front end up where it belongs is a good idea. I think the lift makes more sense than the tinbrems and is alot cheaper. The front end only drops 3/4 of a inch when the plow is raised. I do have the 3950 front end with the z71 off road package.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2007
  15. jpragana3

jpragana3 Junior Member

do u have the 2" leveling kit in your truck in the pics..... Thanks

16. KMC

KMC Junior Member

look's good! Now you just need snow in front of that plow!

17. geereed

geereed Senior Member

Yes it has the 2 inch leveling kit. The 2 inch doesnt make it level but i didnt want it that way. The 2 and 1/2 inch makes it closer to level if thats what you like but i like it with a little rake.

18. jpragana3

jpragana3 Junior Member

Thanks for the info, i'm going think about it, i will see how it looks after the plow goes on, i rely didn't want to change the stance of the truck it is a vmax z71 but i have Denali wheels for the summer! i thought it might look a little funny if the front end rake changed by 2" with the 20"s on it .... thanks again

DSC01013.jpg

19. topdj

topdj Senior Member

I put the Rough Country 2 inch level kit in and had the dealer align it,
    I WANT YOUR CAMARO!!!!!!! gimme the specs on that!

20. jpragana3

jpragana3 Junior Member