1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2007 rt3 smarthitch 2

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by rblake, Dec 20, 2009.

1. rblake

rblake Senior Member
    from dayton

have a rt3 v plow on a 2007 chevy 1 ton truck. when i hook up the plow in the winter, the plow ends up killing the battery of the truck. if i un hook from the plow and leave the controller hooked up, the battery gets drained. took a tester to the controller pins and had current at the number one pin (black wire). any suggestions ?
  2. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

if ur pos. to the fuse box is un-switched and ur controler in the float mode, then it will kill ur batt. it happened to me, all I did was run pos. to a switched fuse in the fusebox anx all is good
  3. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

oh does ur plow work if the key is out and not running?
  4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Move the black/red power wire to a keyed ignition source like it should be. The issue you're finding is why you do it, otherwise the constant current draw of the controller relay drains the battery.