1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2007 Ranger

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Pristine PM ltd, Sep 13, 2006.

1. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

We are not sure if we are going to get a Jeep or a Ranger. This truck will be used 90% for backdragging and as a backup vehicle in the summer.

I did a search for Rangers as plow trucks and didn't get many results.

We will be putting either a Blizzard 680lt or a Snoway 6'8'' 22. (advice on this choices would also be great)

We know that we will most likely have warranty issues, but other then that, what else do we have to worry about plowing with a ranger?

Thanks so much,

2. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Got a 99 with a 7 ft curtis plows fine for what I use it for. Put a blizzard or Curtis or try to get a Fisher LD series on it. Make sure you put a steel edge on what ever you get.
  3. Pristine PM ltd

But basically, we will be able to push decent amounts with a Ranger? It will backdrag well? I am not to worried about the blade options, moreso about the Ranger. We were originally thinking of a Jeep, but the Ranger would be more practical year round.
  4. Brandon

Brandon Member

I plow with a '97 Ranger....no problems thus far, although I only plow my own properties. I have a 6'6" Western Unimount. I don't have anything done to the front suspension and it only sags about 5/8" inch in the front. I don't think you'll have any problems....just don't work the truck too hard. If you get an auto definitely put a trans cooler on it.

5. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Any backdragging with a small plow like that won't work very well. Even the snoway with downpressure. I would look into setting the truck up with a pull plow for back dragging and a front plow as well. It would take care of all your ballast problems too.
  6. Pristine PM ltd

Even with the backdraggin edge? We have to have a small truck because of the small spaces that we are working with and we can't afford to buy two blades for the truck, a back blade is almost as much as a front blade isn't it?
  7. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

check out Hiniker plows. They make a front blade that flips for backdragging. DOnt know if they make a small one, but could be worth a try.