1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2007 quad cab short bed cummins 8'mm2

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by BTRBLDR, Jan 24, 2010.

BTRBLDR Member

A buddy of mine is selling his 2007 Ram 2500 quad cab short bed with an 8' fisher mm2 with intesifires and a fishstik. The truck is in mint shape, has the 6 speed manual and only 39,000 miles. Its the SLT package with all the options except leather. It books for over $39,000. He's asking $35,999 and title is in hand. Any other info you need just send me a pm. Truck is located in mass. sorry for the crappy pic its from my phone.

2. kps2389

kps2389 Junior Member
    from CT

5.9 or 6.7?

BTRBLDR Member

I didn't know there was 2 cummins motors? I'm not sure but I would think its the 6.7. I will find out and post what it is.
  4. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

Half way through the year they came out with the 6.7. I have an 07.5' with the 6.7.

He will never see that kinda money for that truck. He will be lucky to see 30k
  5. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

factory exaust brake = 6.7
    sooty tail pipe = 5.9
  6. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

yep....if it had a 5.9L he may get over 30k but not likely
  7. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

No way he'll get over 30K, but good luck. You cant go wrong with a Cummins! 5.9 or 6.7!

BTRBLDR Member

thanks for the comments guys, I dont really care what he gets for it. I wouldn't pay $10K for it. After all its still a dodge. A 300,000 mile motor in a 30,000 mile truck.
  9. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

Both engines are great. I love the power in my 6.7. That is why I am looking at a 5500 with a 6.7

Better then buying a 30,000 mile motor in a 300,000 mile truck like a Ford!
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2010
  10. Matt400

Matt400 Senior Member

HaHa.. I wouldn't be surprised if my 05 outlasts your 08
  11. DodgeBiff

DodgeBiff Junior Member
    from MA

Thanks for posting the add jake! Hey everyone I'm the guy with the dodge for sale. Thanks for all the input so far. I'm willin to bend on the price but I just wanted to get a feel for what people thought of these trucks. I'm a GM guy and don't know much about dodges but its a sweet truck. I'm seeing the same trucks for sale in MA and they are going for $30-$35k withouth a plow so I should be able to get atleast $30k. You forgot to add it's got brand new sneakers all around to Jake.

BTRBLDR Member

Your welcome Biff! and welcome to the site!
  13. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

Not trying to burst your bubble. Just telling you what reality is. Even the NADA report says 25k. I am in the same boat. I have a one ton dually quad cab 6.7 auto and I couldn't get 35k. Maybe a dealer could but Private seller no way. I have 6 brand new sneakers and breaks all around. doesn't make a difference.

BTRBLDR Member

Not sure what NADA you are looking at but the link I posted when I searched it was $39K.
  15. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

It was the link you posted. To the right of the truck it says 25k?

Clean Retail Value
    Get Full Trade-In & Retail Value
    *Mileage depreciation not included

BTRBLDR Member

not sure how the link got changed in my original post? Heres the link for a cummins thats says $39K for clean retail.

Oh well, Anyways Good luck with sale Biff, maybe you can get a duramax after that thing goes!
  17. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

Still don't see 39k??

Copy and pasted:

Average Trade-In
    Clean Trade-In Clean
    Base Price $18,725 $20,375 $21,725 $25,575
    Mileage - 39,000 miles $550 $550 $550 $550
    TOTAL PRICE $19,275 $20,925 $22,275 $26,125*
    * This Retail price is based on a clean vehicle history report. Don't make a $26,125 mistake. Find out why AutoCheck is better than Carfax. Get a Free VIN Check today.

Good luck though. Maybe there is that much of a difference based on our zip codes? Not sure. But like you said Oh well

BTRBLDR Member

just tried that link again, looks like every time I post it it goes to the gas motor for the value... oh well