1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2007 new style DRL

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by scottL, Jul 8, 2007.

1. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

With the 2007 new body style silverado's ( in my case a 2500hd ) the light switch is in automatic mode until I turn the knob to off - each time I start the truck. This being said the day time running lights would be on by default not to mention if I turn the switch off then manually turn the lights on, later to off it flips into action turning the lights back on - UGH.

So, anyone know how to disable the DRL and the automatic mode on this truck????

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Scott, I haven't checked on the "07 NBS yet but to disable the DRL's on the '06 and back I just pull the DRL relay out. It's in the under hood fuse box on the OBS trucks. Take a look at your '07 and see if they still have the DRL relay in there. As to the auto headlights,they can be disabled too (again on the '06 back). You have to remove the light sensor from the top of the dash and solder in a resister to disable them.Not really worth the trouble but I've done a few.
  3. scottL

I popped the fuse block cover under the hood and there were two fuses marked DRL #33 and DRL2 #36 but, no obvious relay. By pulling DRL #33 nothing seemed to change that was obvious. Pulling DRL2 #36 seemed to disable the day time running lights. I'll try this for a while before I consider the AHS ( automatic headlight system ).
  4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Good deal Scott! I'm gonna make a mental note of the fuse numbers for the DRL's until I get an '07 around here I can "die-sect" :D
  5. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

God forbid someone that is absent minded and having a brain fart pulls out in front of you and you slam them. I happened to me years ago before DRL's. no saying it wouldn't have happed but statistics say it does make people look twice.

I made my DRL's brighter with PIAA bulbs and they on for safety sake.
  6. scottL

That's cool - there's always someone who argues for these things. Plenty of argument against them too ( I'm sure by me just responding It will start a piss storm ). Have you driven in Canada where everyone has them on? Or how about the new cars which have their high beams on during the day? Did ya' know that people with eye conditions such as immacular degeneration can be blinded with hallows for up to several seconds after being hit during the day with these lights? BTW - the stats do not proves DRL's provide any safety - as per the NTSHA.

As far as absent minded - are you kidding me?????? You could be painted neon pink, flashing every light you have, blaring air horns and you will still not find a cure for the stupids.