1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2007 models what's going on

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by The mayor, Feb 21, 2007.

1. The mayor

The mayor Senior Member

My wife is pushing for a new chevy half ton. When I looked up on the western site they only offer the suburbinite. I have 7' 6" unimounts. That is to much plow for the new trucks? Will I have to go to a 3/4 truck.
  2. rayf268

rayf268 Senior Member

thats strange The classic model can go from 7'6" mvp to 8'6" pro
    and the new model only the sub what a rip maybe they haven't tested them yet I don't know .
  3. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

If the truck does not have the Snow Plow Prep Package on it you may most likely have issues with warranties. It's not that the truck can not handle a plow per sae.

Check out the sno-way plows. They are lighter and come up down pressure. I've used one for ten years on my K3500 and it has been used for commercial without issue.
  4. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

I suspect this may becuase thay may not have the mounts yet... maybe give western a call ans see what they say...
  5. You're a lucky guy!!
  6. topdj

topdj Senior Member

why do you need a plow prep, I got the heavy duty tow package,with trans cooler
    3950 front axle rating, posi rear, 145 amp alternator and a tray for an extra battery which I would end up using. I don't think they had it with the crew NBS07s
  7. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Why fight it, she already wants a 1/2 ton it should not be that hard to get her to want a 3/4 ton.;)

A lot of the 1/2 tons now have x-tra cabs, larger engines and a lot of creature comforts that add weight to the truck all this added weight does not leave a lot of room for attachments like a plow.
  8. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

The NBS halfer doesn't have tb's, so it won't be as easy to crank it up. That could be part of the reason.
  9. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

no torsion bars? eh?
  10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The days of one frame with different suspensions are over. Not only do the new trucks not have as much spring capacity, they don't have as much frame capacity. The last thing a plow manufacturer wants is to run astray with the FVMSS or bend the truck in half.

You will have to go with the 3/4 ton is you want to run your uni-mounts.
  11. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

they're coil-sprung IFS in the 1/2 tons now.
  12. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Not only coil sprug...but coil over.
  13. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

Great even more like cars now!
  14. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Can you say El Camino.
    That's not fair they probably have a heaver payload.
    I guess it's back to a 1/2 ton being a 1/2 ton?
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2008
  15. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Where you been Snofarmer?...they've been that way for a few years now..:D
  16. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Coil Over = Keel Over
    We installed a 26 series snoway on 1500 Tahoe today. No Ballast it wasn't 4" off the ground at the low point. And ballast is only going to bring it up a little. Going to be limited to timberns i think. What a spindly suspension, looks lighter then the Ridgeline.