1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2007 Meyer E58 8ft poly wont lower all the way.

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by stackmaster, Feb 26, 2013.

1. stackmaster

stackmaster Senior Member

This is driving me nuts!!! During a plow night my plow stopped going all the way to the ground. The problem was intermittent but everything else seemed to be working. I swapped out the controller but same problem.After a little research, I replaced the A solenoid. Tested and all seemed well. Next snow it fails again. The next day I took it to the dealer and they found a short in the power wire going to the controller. They replaced the connection and tested. Working fine. After sitting for a couple weeks, it fails again. Today I took it back to the dealer and they replaced the controller with a brand new updated one. Tested. Seemed fine. Tonight we get an inch or two of snow, I run out to clean up the lots and if fails again!!!! Im just waiting for Alan Funk to jump out of the bushes.
    Any ideas????
    Thanks in advance for any replies

2. FourDiamond

FourDiamond Senior Member

Sounds like an issue with the plow wiring harness. It's possible the insulation got nicked when it was run through engine compartment or through the firewall. Check that first, is it's not that then you have a loose connection somewhere.

3. ducaticorse

ducaticorse PlowSite.com Addict
    from we

What four said