1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2007 images released....

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Frozen001, Aug 3, 2006.

1. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

GM has unveiled the new toys... :bluebounc

In these on you can see some of the HDs... which have not "officially" been released. (Hint: Look for the extra holes in the front bumpers)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

Its time to turn to the darkside, ford here i come

3. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

I like them! Is it just me or does the HD's seem to finally sit a little higher?

Will

4. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

I think you are right in that they sit higher. This is probably due to the new Coil-over front suspension. I did not think I would like them at first, but the more I have seen of them, I think they are pretty sharp. I really like the GMC styling. These look loads better than what I have seen of the new Ford Super duty trucks. Check out this lite for some of the spy shots...Spy Shots

5. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Hi Gang
    Its been awhile since I have posted, been busy flying and of course work at GM. My plant here in Pontiac MI will start to build the new HD trucks right after Christmas. We were just award JD Powers award for Quality for the 2nd year in a row. I can't wait to touch the new trucks. They still have thme covered up here at our plant. Im getting ready to start everything rooling for the snow season.

Regards Mike

6. M&M Services

M&M Services Senior Member
    from midwest

Actually a nice improvement over the past years....However I am still a FORD man...xysport

7. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Mike,

Word on the street is that the 8.1L will not be used on the New body style trucks on 2007... but another engine is in the works for 2008(V-10 maybe??)...

Have any input on this information.

From the photos I new trucks interior is sooooo improved.... I seriously want one of these, but I think I am going to have to wait until 2008 before I get a new truck....:cry:

8. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Still looks too low in the front end to me,add on a plow mount and there doesnt seem to be much clearance or a lot of plastic will have to be cut.

9. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

They look decent to me. The dually looks good. I still like them a lot better than the new Fords.

10. qualitylandscap

qualitylandscap Member

I don't think them are 2007, I just saw 2007 Chevy at are dealer and it looks the same as the 2003. Also I don't think GMC is till 2008.

11. qualitylandscap

qualitylandscap Member

12. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

2007 1/2 tons will have two versions... the new ones shown above and "classic". this is just like when the went through the last change. I believe it is to deplete the remain stock of parts as much as possible. The HD model will be 2008s out in the second or thrid quarter from what I have heard.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2006
  13. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Is it just me or do they look like a ford super duty just a little. :dizzy: I like the new look better than the new ford pickups.

14. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

I like both of them a little more of the GMC tho still too expensive.

15. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Hi Frozen
    I don't have any insight yet on the engine's, everything is still top secret, I have never been through a truck launch where everything is so secret. As far as waiting if you can I would wait for a year and let them work out the bugs. They are a great looking truck and the guys that I know who have driven them say the ride and handle great.

Regards Mike

16. M&M Services

from midwest

I agree that they kind of resemble the super duty!

17. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Ya they do resemble the super duty... But if you think about it they are just making a truck that the market wants... A lot of people have always liked the looks of the fords, so why not steer the design toward what the current market views as a better looking design. I think these trucks will big winner for GM... the new style, the new coil over front suspension(thank got no more whining from people about torsion bars), mated with the best power-trains (in my opinion)...they cannot loose

18. M&M Services

from midwest

I agree with steering the looks towards the fords...they have been the favored trucks for many years :drinkup: and the coil front will definately help like ford went back to in 05...Good suspension set up..I agree some added ground clearance would help..But I am a Ford guy...Its all about preference....I like the Fords...

19. bikeluver43

bikeluver43 Member
    from Mass

Wait a year for the new 6 speed tranny and upgraded engines. I hate it when vehicles are released with old drivetrains (like Dodge did in 2002 with the 5.9). GM is supposedly putting a detuned version of the Escalade 6.2 V8 into the Denali at first, and then putting it into the Heavy Duty trucks afterwards with 380HP and 415lb/ft of torque. I think they are sharp trucks, especially inside.

20. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

i like those new headlights on the chevys i never liked the 03 change over look