1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2007 F-450

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by mreamer, Feb 25, 2007.

1. mreamer

mreamer Member

Was driving through the lot of the local Ford dealer, and noticed two brand new 450's. They both have Western 9' Pro-plus plows and Western Icebreaker V-box's. The plows and the spreaders are driven from a pump that runs off the PTO on the tranny. Wish I had the camera with me, if I have time I'll stop by and snap some pics. Trucks look sweet.

2. sbrennan007

sbrennan007 Senior Member

How much are they all set up like that?

3. mreamer

mreamer Member

I'm not sure, neither of them had a window sticker. My best guess is $55k-$65k. I could be way off though. Maybe someone will chime in that knows more about them.

4. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Interesting, I was under the impression (given by my truck upfitter) that the PTO shuts off as soon as you touch the brake pedal. Something about the tranny overheating because it's run off the back side of the TC instead of off the front like the bigger trannys.

You sure it wasn't just the dump that is run off the PTO?

5. mreamer

mreamer Member

There is no electric pump on the headgear of the Ultramount. The lift cylinder and the two angle cylinders run directly to a quick coupler bracket that is bolted to the grill on the truck (three hoses total). Between the two front seats are three big hydraulic levers. The truck still has all three electrical plugs for the plow (two are not used), so you could attach an Ultramount that has the electric pump.

It was hard to see, but there could be a pump that runs off the front of the engine (belt-driven). I just assumed the pump was located off the tranny. I'll have to go back during daylight to check it out.