1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2007 F- 250 Problem Help

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by CGLC, Dec 30, 2009.

1. CGLC

CGLC Senior Member

I have a 2007 F- 250 5.4 72000.00 miles 4x4 xl that occasional will shut off when I shift it into reverse. This problem maybe happens once a month, but I would like to get to the bottom of it. Its happens to me while I am back dragging an one time in my driveway while I was backing out ( no plow on) . It almost felt like I just turned the key off. No bumps, hard shifts, or loud noises.
  2. plowmaster07

plowmaster07 Senior Member

Hmm, I am not a Ford person. But my Dodge has done similar in the past. Maybe you need to have your injectors flushed? I think if you go to Speedy lube or someone like that, its maybe $70ish to run the formula through the injectors. And some strong fuel cleaner may help. Have you tried diagnosing it yet?