1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2007 Dodge Snow Chief blowing lights...

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Humvee27, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Humvee27

Humvee27 Senior Member

So, this is the second time I've had the low beams not work....I'm running a Hiniker plow with newer generation lights which are crap....they don't waterproof them enough and they actually have a 1/8" hole which lets in all kinds of moisture...I've got a post about that in the Hiniker forum so you can see what I mean...the plow is great but I hate the lights. I believe that is partially at fault for the FCM failing (foward control module) but really, these lights need to go through a computer to work? WTF? Why? This truck is supposed to be made for snowplowing according to the dealer so why would they make it so difficult to work with the plows that go on it?

Anyway, since I have replaced 2 of the FCM's I'm thinking about re-wiring the plow so that the lights for the plow will be seperate...just a thought....anybody else having issues with this? You lose just the low beams, high beams still work, but the replacement cost of the FCM is over $400.00 to install. Any thoughts?

2. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I'm not sure about Hiniker but Boss has a relay pack to solve this problem. It takes the load demand off the system. What you are describing is a common problem with Dodge.