1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2007 Decision

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by captfudd, Apr 13, 2007.

1. captfudd

captfudd Member

Looking at replacing my 2004 with a 2007.

Here are my options as of last night at the dealer, and before I make a decison looking for some feedback!

Both are 2007's

2500HD Classic Body Style Extended Cab

OR

2500HD New Body Style Extended Cab

Both have the plow prep package, and all the options that I want I just havent heard much about the new body style and plow mounts etc?

Any input would be great! :jester:

2. wfd44

wfd44 Senior Member
    from Maine

According to the manufacturers the mounts are the same on the 2500's (classic and "new style"). I test drove both. Suspension is the same, ride is the same. New style gasser gets the 6-speed Hydra Matic (2 od gears = better mpg - I hope), seemed quieter and more comfortable for me. More HP in the "new" '07 too. My '07 2500 HD (new style) goes on the line next week and I should have it around May 1. I plan to keep the truck 8-10 years so spread out over time it was worth the money to get what I want.

If I were buying a fleet truck my decision might have been different.$$$

3. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

i say the nbs. better tranny.

4. captfudd

captfudd Member

thanks for the input, bought the 07 NBS :dizzy:

we will see how it works out!

5. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

pics, pics, pics, pics!!!