1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2007 chevy 6.0 towing

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by hartattack, Mar 25, 2011.

1. hartattack

hartattack Junior Member
    from canada

I have a new body style 07 crew cab with a 6.0 L engine. Does anyone know what the max trailer weight i can tow? I don't want to get any tickets.

2. vegaman04

vegaman04 Senior Member

Is it a 4x4, what bed length, what gear ratio? Should be 13k but check your sticker on your drivers door.

3. hartattack

hartattack Junior Member
    from canada

The box is 6.6. Not sure about the gear ratio

4. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

What truck is it? The info you need is either in the manual or on the door sticker.

5. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

I know my 09 GMC 2500HD 6.0 ext cab short bed with 3.73's is "rated" to tow 10,400

6. hartattack

hartattack Junior Member
    from canada

In the door It says gvwr 9200lbs. It should be able to tow more than that no?

7. mayhem

from Peru MA

I'm guessing its a 2500HD. You're going to be between 10,000 and 13,000 lb towing capacity. My 2000 2500 is 10,000 and Edmunds says 13,000 for the 07 new style.

Is your the newer style or the classic?

8. Squires

Squires Senior Member

Put your vin in this site, get the ratio and then you can look up the rateing from there, once you know the gear ratio it is a sinple search
    http://www.compnine.com/vid.php

9. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

That's how much the truck can weigh, you want to know what the GCWR is then subtract the weight of the truck that's how much you can tow.

10. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

Ball hitch and gooseneck/5th wheel should be 9,800 lbs with 3.73 gears, 12,300 lbs with 4.10 gears.

Gross combined weights should be 16,000 lbs with 3.73 gears, 18,500 lbs with 4.10 gears.

Check your glovebox for the RPO code list. If you see GT4, you have the 3.73 ratio. If you see GT5, you have the 4.10 ratio.

11. mayhem

from Peru MA

What is the load you're pulling? Maybe easier to figure it out that way.