1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2007 Chevy 3500HD

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Martinson9, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Martinson9

Martinson9 Senior Member

Here are a couple pictures of my new truck and plow. A 2007 Chevy 3500HD with a 8 1/2 foot Western Pro Plus. I added 285 Bridgestone Dueler Revo's. The third picture is of my original truck a 2002 2500HD with an 8 foot Western Pro.

I'm pretty psyched to get out and plow with the new truck. prsport

3500HD.jpg

3500HD 2.jpg

2500HD.jpg

2. Edgewater

Edgewater Member

Sweet truck

Are the new 3500HD SRW trucks the same as the regular 3500 SRW's that they brought back in 2004?

Was the HD just added on?

Adam

3. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

I don't see dual wheels on that 3500!! :eek:

This just made my day. Do the new GM 3500's come without dual wheels!? How could i have not known this was happening?

4. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

Im pretty sure they are the same as the 04-07 3500 SRW's. And yes you can still get them with dual rear wheels.

5. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

What the hell is an SRW? Is that those k series?

I thought those went out with the old, new body style.

Edit: What's the difference between an SRW and an HD?

Another Edit: I can't find anything mentioning a 3500 with 4 wheels on either the GMC site or the chevy site. Is that really a 2500?

Last edited: Oct 11, 2007
  6. Plowfast9957

Plowfast9957 Senior Member

SRW means Single Rear Wheel. As opposed to Dual Rear Wheel (DRW).

7. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

Nice! Well that makes sense. (duh)

Wow, i had no idea that there were SRW 3500's out there. What's up with the SRW option? It isn't on their websites and there are only 2 on ebay, so there can't be that many out there.

8. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

They're everywhere. When you build one (gmbuypower.com) you choose the 3500hd then somewhere on there, there is the option for SRW 9900 GVW or DRW 11400 GVW.

9. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

The option is no cost to go to DRW 11,400 ... about mid way down ....on edit, it's pretty hard to read ...sorry, but you should be able to make out the BOLD "GVW Rating" and then 11,400 lbs option

drw2.jpg

10. dmax08

dmax08 Senior Member

Very nice set up

11. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

Nice combo. I like the truck color.

12. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

I was waiting on someone to have pics of the new silverado with a new western. The setup looks amasing, very nice truck.

13. Martinson9

Martinson9 Senior Member

Being that my 02 2500HD is almost the same exact color, I'm not so sure I'm excited about the color It'll do though.

I love everything else about the truck with the exception that it probably sits too high. I'm average height 5' 10' and I can hardly get anything out of the bed without getting in it. The rear bumper sits so high that I need to get a hitch on it ASAP so I can get in the box.

The dealer had a lot full of 2500HD's and this 3500HD. The 3500HD was the only HD with camper mirrors and the integrated brake controller so I chose to go with it instead. The prices are almost identical so I'm not sure why you wouldn't go with the 3500. For guys that complain about the small tires on the HD's, the 3500 comes stock with 265's.

14. ExecutiveLawns

ExecutiveLawns Member

Yea the 3500HD and the 2500HD are literally within $300 of each other right now if you go with a 2007 because they are on sale. they have the same drive train and teh only difference is the GVWR on the 3500HD is 9,900 and the GWWR on the 2500HD is 9,200 and yea the 2500HD come with a stock 245 tire and the 3500HD comes with a stock 265 tire. My next buy here with in the next month or so will be the the 3500HD SRW 4x4 Reg cab and ill hang another Western Ultra poly v plow. nice truck

15. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

Nice truck you got there. Them 285s sure give it a meaner character. Got the D-max?

16. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

looks like it has alot of sag in the front, any pics with the plow raised??

17. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

The plow is raised in those shots, bit the front end justs comes down and the plow stays put. JK

18. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

haha now that was funny.

19. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

Yeah it needs timbrens. i noticed that too!...

20. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

Yea, i can see it. Thanks for taking the time to post that. I didn't think the price difference between the SRW and DRW would be $0, Wow, that doesn't make much sense to me.

Yea, i feel pretty dumb i didn't know you could get the 3500 in SRW. :eek: