1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2007 chevy 2500hd duramax classic (no dpf) 4wd, x-cab

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by grassmanvt, Mar 25, 2011.

1. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

As the title says, selling my 2007 chevy 2500hd, extra cab, duramax diesel, allison auto. This is the old style 07' so it doesn't have lots of the emission crap that the new style 07' has. 65,500 miles. My daily driver. Currently needs a good cleaning which I will do. Dent in front bumper, may pop, may not, otherwise body is clean. Interior good as well. Cloth trim but ordered with the vinyl floor for easy cleaning. Lt trim, power options including drivers seat. Also a bug deflector, vent visor's, and a spray in bed liner. Plowed two drives its first two years and this year I plowed commercially about half the storms with it (the others with one of my dumps). No plow coming with it, will sell for $29,500 with push plates and wiring for a fisher 3 wire setup. If you don't need that stuff, I will have removed by shop and sell for $28,500. If you are interested act quickly, have a deal in the works for a new one, will most likely trade within the week. Has some remaining powertrain warranty left, not sure how much. If you are genuinely interested glad to answer any questions but not looking for penpals with no money and no serious interest. If I wanted to be on facebook I would be so lets keep it to business, thanks for looking. heres a link for a picture not sure if it will work http://www.plowsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=96318&stc=1&d=1300924153

2500hd 007.jpg

2. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

Ok, how about $28,500 with the push frames and wiring or $27,500 without, Truck is headed this week, one way or another, dealer is very close to these numbers but wanted to give someone a chance at it private sale.

3. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

dealer is probably at what $24k? i bet if you cleaned it up you'd get interest...

4. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

Thats what they started at, I'm bargaining on a 2010 leftover so they have made it pretty appealing, as well as 11k off of sticker. I don't have much spare time but will be glad to make it shine if someone has serious interest and wants to come look.

5. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

no offense but I'd keep your 07 my buddy has the a 2010 and the mpg blows and with diesel probably hitting $5 a gallon this summer that extra 6mpg makes a difference haha

6. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

No offense taken, I love the truck and the new emission stuff scares me a little,but I want to stay in bumper to bumper warranty. Beats paying more to my good friend uncle sam too. So, gonna trade up while I can. The other idea I like about a 2010 is no extra exhaust fluid to run so gonna get one while I can.

7. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

If you need to sell it quick, also try Dieselplace.com. You have the most sought after duramax on the market right now. Don't lose 5 grand at the dealership. You have the same exact truck as I do, just different color- and I constantly have people ask me if I would be willing to sell it. So best of luck with the sale.

8. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

Thanks for the idea, don't go on there much, hadn't thought of it.

9. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

Heck if I needed a truck, I'd be headed to vermont

10. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

It just blows my mind what people can ask for these trucks. I paid $32,700 for the 06' and $33,200 for the 07'. They are loaded except for leather and sun roof. Good luck with the sale

11. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

Those days are gone, and the pre-emission trucks are bringing a premium. Also, don't forget your average loaded up new diesel runs 50k now....and with the dealer offering close to this price, I feel the price is fair and represents the current market, if you think its too high, simply don't buy it.

12. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

grassman you don't need to get so defensive haha I agree with nichols it's sick to see that just 2-3 years ago you could've walked out of a dealership with your truck for only a few thousand more. Heck my dad bought a brand new loaded '07 cummins for 35k out the door and guys want 30k for the trucks with 40-60k on em now. Shows I guess how terrible our economy is and how weak the dollar is

13. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

I wasn't busting your balls I was just saying I can't believe the money these trucks are demanding. I bet you payed the same for the truck new. I'm sitting on a GOLD MINE whoo hoo

14. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

Any interest? I'm surprised the dealer was putting good money in this even with a good discount off the new one and I have had little private interest. Figured one more bump up for good measure.

15. 04chevy2500

04chevy2500 Senior Member

too bad you didnt have this up a month ago. i just bought an 06 with 75000 on it. wouldv preferred to jump up a year with less miles. color i wanted too. o well. BUMP for a great truck

16. BTRBLDR

BTRBLDR Member

shocked you havent sold this......bump for a sweet truck

17. shott8283

shott8283 Senior Member

the dealer is bumping the pay out on the truck b/c they know that pre-emmisions duramax will pull a premium on there lot when they sell it with the new warranty. same as it is pulling on private sales