1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2007 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab - V Plow questions

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by NEWLAWNS, Nov 28, 2007.

1. NEWLAWNS

NEWLAWNS Junior Member

I know this probably has been beat like a dead horse around here...but...

I'm about to pick up a new style 2007 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab with the 6.0 gas motor.

I am thinking about a stainless 8.5 Fisher V-Plow (a 8.5 Blizzard Speedwing was mentioned also).

Could any of you who have experience with a V on a 2500HD let me know if there are any issues with the plow being too heavy and damaging the truck at all?

I would not want to jeopardize my new truck by choosing the wrong plow.

2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Go for it, you won't have any problems. Crank the T-bars a bit and add a set of timbrens if you want.

3. NEWLAWNS

NEWLAWNS Junior Member

What are Timbrens?

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I personally don't use them but it's a must for alot. Check the top of the page and click on Timbrens. They are just a rubber stop for the front suspension.

5. PITCH

PITCH Member
    from hamburg

Why does fisher tell you not to put v plows on the d-max ext. Are they too heavy for the trucks?? this is my first year with a vee plow. I got it at the end of last season. never used it yet

6. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Yes, it's heavy. With the added weight of those plows and the Duramax motor, your putting stress on the front end components. I plan on hanging a Boss XT V-plow on my 2005 Chevy but the more I think about it, I will probably just get an 8'2" instead of the 9'2". I just dont want to stress the front end anymore than is needed.

As for the 6.0 gas motor, hell put damn near anything you want on it! Just my 0.02:salute:

7. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

I have the 8'6", any smaller and it won't clear the trucks path. I don't plow with 6 people in the truck and I run a lot of ballast. I don't have any problems.

8. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Liability reason's. This is the 6th winter for my 02 and I havn't had any problems other then one set of ball joints. The truck has 160k on it. If you were going to run around with a V box with 2 ton in it all the time I'd maybe suggest someting a little lighter.

9. AWLCO

AWLCO Member

I looked at an 07 2500HD extended cab duramax. Then the dealer told me no plow or no warranty. I said I'll keep my gas truck thanks. If you want a diesel and a plow... better buy a *cough ford cough*