1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2007 Chevy 2500HD Classic or 2007 Chevy 2500HD New Style?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by carboy, Aug 20, 2007.

1. carboy

carboy Junior Member

Tomorrow I plan to buy either a new 2500HD Classic or a new New Style 2500HD. I'm stressing about this. The Classic is about $3300 less than a comparable New Style. What is the typical gas mileage of these two trucks in everyday driving. No towing. Some people tell me these trucks swill gas. (6.0 gas) What are you getting?. I'm not worried about mileage when I plow with it - - it is what it is. Also, are the Classics pretty well-built trucks? Elsewhere I read the comments about the thin steel on the New Style 2500HD. Your candid opinions appreciated.

2. turbo5560

turbo5560 Senior Member

Honestly, the new style trucks don't even look like a truck anymore... especially the 2500. I test drove one for a few days... and while it has a lot of power and some nice features so does the old style. When i think about buying a truck it's nice to have all the new option on it, but at the same time it's a truck not a cadillac... buy something that looks like a real truck. I hate the looks of the new style... If you buy the new style it will be harder to get new accessories for it for one, such as getting the right plow equipment. And second it's like buying a new windows operating system, you never buy it when it comes out because it has so many issues. Not that it matters to you, but i suggest the old body style. Take the extra $3000 and make it look good. Take it for what it's worth.
    And about the gas milage... i have an 02 with the 6.0. and i get about 12 on a good day. Don't buy a 2500 if you plan on getting good gas milage. Take the extra $3000 and buy a programmer, air intake, and throttle body spacer and you still have $2200 left over.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2007
  3. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

The classics are real good trucks. They look awesome. I have 2 of them. But if I was buying a new truck right now id have to say buy the new body style. The frames are the same on the classics and new body style trucks. The new body style gassers have 6 speed autos right now I believe and the old body style trucks had the 4 speed autos. Also I think the new body style trucks would hold their resale value better than the classics...correct me if im wrong. Just my opinion.

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

x 2. The NBS will hold it's resale value better and the whole chassis is identical. I love the classic's but couldn't handle driving the same truck for another 5 years.

5. nhglock17

nhglock17 Member
    from nh

I like the classic model better

Hello all I bought a 07 classic model after looking at both old vs new design I just did not like the looks of the new models exterior,david