1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2007 6.7 cummins, dpf problems

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by cmo18, Dec 21, 2012.

1. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

We just got dumped on and plowed for 30 hours. The truck worked great until the end of the storm when the engine light came on, and a message on the console saying filter is 100% full.

The truck finally went into regen. mode and burned it off till 70% but that only lasted a day before it came back on. Now I cant get the truck to burn it off again.

It was throwing code p2262, p2002 and another one.

Is my best option to by the delete kit? Should I also delete the EGR? Or is the exhaust and tuner good enough?

Will the turbo clean it self over time? Or is the turbo going to **** the bed?

I'm new to all this, any words of advise would be great.

2. 2low4nh

2low4nh Member
    from NH

do the delets my 07 is full delete I get 14-20mpg no regens no dpf no headaches. for now get on the highway and out in some hills get your rpms up and beat on it to burn the DPF out

3. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Delete delete

4. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Get on the highway and let it complete the regen the delete and tune (mild)

5. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

cut it off!Thumbs Up

6. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

I'm experiencing the same issue with my 2008 ford 6.4, I'll be doing the exhaust, dpf delete, tuner, and egr kit as soon as I have time.

7. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Im not familiar with the dodge, but a buddy of mine hooks up his trailer and goes for a beat run on his when the regen mode gets stuck or wont complete. Too much stop and go driving i guess will "confuse" the regen system is what his dodge dealer told him.:rolleyes:

8. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

its very annoying thats for sure!

Delete kit, smarty jr, egr delete is on its way.

You would think pushing snow all night would get the temperatures up enough to do the burn

9. plowguy43

Honestly that's not working the motor at all, especially the 6.7. That thing needs some big weight behind it to get it working, but the regen cycle should take care of it if you run it the entire way through.

10. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

ok I went for a 20-30 minutes drive tonight and it still did not go into regen cycle and now the filter is 100% full. What can I do now? My kit wont be here for another 2 weeks!

If its 100% full will it ever go into regen? Please help snow is coming next week!

11. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

When the DPF starts to get full, you will get a warning in the electronic vehicle information center that the system is full. When you first get this message, you need to drive the vehicle for at least 45 minutes on the highway so the system can go into regeneration and burn the particulate mater out of the DPF. If this is not done, you will get a message saying the DPF is 80% full, if you keep driving the vehicle without doing a regeneration, it will display 90 and then 99%. Once it does this it will say system full service required. If you let it get to this point, you need to take your vehicle to the dealer to have them reset the regenerative fuel timers and then take it for a drive on the highway for at least 45 minutes so the system can go into regeneration mode. You can't manually put the system in regen mode anymore, the ECM must do it on it's own. The harder it is driven the less there will be the need for an active regeneration. If you are piddling around town, or get stuck in traffic it will want an active regeneration in very few miles.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
  12. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

So my only option now is to go to the dealer to get them to reset the regen?

The other day when plowing it got full, then when on the highway it went into regen cycle, I was hoping it would do that again.

13. oldbluehairhemi

oldbluehairhemi Senior Member

you need to drive until it goes into regen mode. and once it does continue to drive for 30 minutes or so. you must keep egt's above 1500 i believe for the regen to work properly.

14. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

so it will go into regen?

15. plowguy43

Sorry I didn't respond last night my phone died. 07PSD has it right. At this point you may have reduced engine power and if so bring it to the dealer. To get regen you have to get above 50mph for 45 minutes or so (might be less if it begins to regen before hand). Make sure to let it regen completely, generally you need to do this at 80%.

Cummins mailing - http://www.dieselbombers.com/07-5-c...il-tech-articles/12061-cleaning-your-dpf.html

16. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

Well the message im getting is dpf is full, reduced power see dealer

The truck is still working fine with no loss of power, can it still regen?

17. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

I think you answered your own question with the first statement you made here.

The fords I work on have to come in sometimes when dpf can't complete and the system needs to be manually put in regen with IDS system and reset.

18. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

the other day during the storm the same message appeared and I worked it real hard plowing back roads then got it on the highway and it went through its cycle...i'm going to try and drive it real hard again and see what happens

19. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

It's worth a shot.....git er done!

20. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

Also does it have to be the dealership computer or can any garages computer do it?

And what about pressure washing it for the meantime? Just until my delete kit gets here