1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2007, 3500 Chassis Cab

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Grn Mtn, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

I just looked at the link and I think I found my next truck. I like what they did to improve the chassis cab over the regular 3500.

heavier duty springs and other suspension upgrades, upfitter friendly-flat rails and 50amp ground in rear, etc.

now the question is which engine and tranny? I'm leaning towards the new cummings with the 6 speed with pto, but auto or standard? or stick with the gasser so I can put a heavier plow on?? so many choices....

and not enough money:D
  2. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Grn Mtn
    I work at the GM Truck plant in Pontiac MI, and I drive these truck's everyday. I would go with the auto but given the price of diesel fuel you might want the gasser. I can also get you a supplier discount to save you a few dollars when you do buy.

Regards Mike
  3. Grn Mtn

thank you flykelley, but now you got me confused, GM? I was talking Dodge Commercial.....
  4. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

I didn't know you were thinking about a dodge, man you need to come over to the other side and buy GM. When you get ready to buy at least take a look at GM, I think you will like what you see.

Regards Mike
  5. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

Go diesel, you wont regret it. It's 30 cents more per gallon, but I get 16.5mpg in my 06 cummins. You have to remember the difference there. I cant wait to see how it pushes. It pulls awesome!!
  6. jsr2741

jsr2741 Junior Member

If you want the skinny on the new chasis cab truck Dodge has, go over to www.turbodieselregister.com or www.dieseltruckresource.com. As far as going over to GM, I won't knock that truck as it would be my second choice but the Aisin 6 speed auto going into the chasis cab truck is as good if not better than the Allison and has been in many industrial applications for many years.
  7. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

If you are going to buy one you should learn how to spell what you are looking for. It's a CUMMINS not a cummings!!!!! :D

This coming from the FORD guy!!! sheezh!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  8. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i think diesel is gonna come down in price i get the diesel
  9. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

I paid $2.49 for Diesel today........that went into my Cummins........

10. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

heating fuel is on the way down its a good idea and there not pulling over trucks
  11. Grn Mtn

oops thanks for the heads up:blush2: