1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2007 2500hd

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by dlcs, May 16, 2007.

1. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Did Chevy change the frames on the 2007 2500hd's? I'm going to purchase a new 2007 next week and was wondering if my old meyer mount will work on the 2007. Was originally on a '99 Silverado 2500. The plow is a Meyer 8' poly and is only a couple years old.
  2. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

changed yes. to what extent.. i dunno.
    im a bit fearful of new chevys. with all the problems in last year with layoffs , arguements with the union, delphi filing chapter eleven etc..... seems like they must be doing some serious cost cutting on the assembly line and i wonder where the money is being cut from. i know they went back to drum brakes in the rear. must be a whole lot more to it than that though. if anyone has the inside scoop on the new trucks id be interested
  3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

As long as your previous Silverado was the NBS then yes, your mount will fit the '07 2500. GM didn't change the front frame sections on them.
  4. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

I hope it's not as bad as the picture you paint. I've ordered a new one and it's due to be delivered in the next two weeks ( I've waited a loooong time ). BTW - Where's flykelly these days????
  5. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

The frames are pracitacally identical. There are some small changes so the new body will bolt on. Nothing extreme at all as far as changes. A plow mount from an 01 to 07 classic HD will bolt right on to the new body style.
  6. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

Where are you getting your info from?? The new frames are the same and the rear brakes are still discs.
  7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

interesting since the chevy made minor changes to that vehicle in 03 that required a mount change. Depending on the manufacturer if it was installed in 99 I doubt it'll fit a 07 properly.
  8. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

The changes you speak of were not frame changes, but cosmetic. I.e. bumper, valance etc.
  9. chapjaal

chapjaal Junior Member
    from NW Pa.

I just transfered a classic mount fron a 2002 2500hd to my new 2007 2500 at its a perfect fit except for had to drill new hole in mount for bottom towhook bolt. I called my local meyers dealer and he told me that it would not fit I would need to buy a complete new plow.
  10. chapjaal

chapjaal Junior Member
    from NW Pa.

Now there telling me you cant use the lighting harnes or modules from older models with nite saber. The new system costs around $200.
  11. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Yes they are right you need to get the change over kit. i just got mine last week haven't installed it yet. GM changed the plugs on the lights so you need the adapters. Basically its a whole new lighting harness complete with new modules.
  12. dmax08

dmax08 Senior Member

The only thing that changed was the body style on the 2500 and 3500, all the running gear it the same but yes you will need a new light harness do to the headlight change..