1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2007 2500 lift?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by hillbillydeluxe, Oct 27, 2010.

1. hillbillydeluxe

hillbillydeluxe Senior Member

I know that this topic has been beaten to death, I searched and didnt find what I was lookin for. I want to put a lift on my truck without lowering my mount. I have a 2500 crew cab with 8 foot western ultramount. Whats the highest lift I can do without any modifications to the plow mount? I know a 6'' kit if too high.. but what about a 3" lift or 4''? I understand leveling kits are out there, but maybe a step up from there. I would like to run 35'' tires. thanks for all feedback.

Jim

2. USMCMP5811

USMCMP5811 Senior Member

you can do a 2" leveling kit and run 35's all day. The max lift I would go is 4 inches with out alteration of your lower mount.

3. hillbillydeluxe

Can you put a 2" leveling kit on if you already have timbrens installed? Any issues?

4. dodge15004x45.9

dodge15004x45.9 Senior Member
    from malvern

I know with my 33 and 3" suspension lift the plow sits at an angle.

5. hillbillydeluxe

my plan is to run a small lift kit or leveling kit with 35'' tires and aftermarket rims.. and plow with stock rims and tires. I think that would help with dropping couple inches of height when it comes time to plow...

6. dodge15004x45.9

dodge15004x45.9 Senior Member
    from malvern

I would just stick with a leveling kit.

7. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I'm going with a 2.5" leveling kit then a 3" body lift. The Dodges do a great job of covering the gaps.

8. huskerfan523

huskerfan523 Member

ive got 3in with stockers in the winter and it rides level on the highest setting on the plow side. this spring I plan on putting 35s on, and will probably keep stockers for winter, because I'm sure it will sit angled. I had 35s on no problem with my lift, but they balded out :( ready for the snow to start fallin so I can afford those tires come spring.

9. huskerfan523

huskerfan523 Member

when I say level, I mean the plow sits how it should

10. nymustang50

nymustang50 Senior Member

I have a 4 in lift can I use it to plow?

11. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Are you running a straight blade or V??? The V's are very picky with respect to the height of the mounting kits. Where the straight plows are less. The greatest issue you will come accross is the blade will pick up the sides of the plow when at full turns. It may be as EZ to back off the main king pin and leave lots of slop in the blade. This way the geometry of the blade will be much more forgiving and also will be great for plowing sidewals when you have 2 tires on the road and two on the sidewalk.

You can also weld on ears to the blades a frame increasing the height of the pins where it ties into the truck side of the plow.This will drop the A from down and decrease the push angle.

12. huskerfan523

huskerfan523 Member

with a question that vague, the answer is yes. there are way too many variables. what size tires? what size plow? what brand plow? is it a v? is it raked, or pretty level? all of these play into ride height of the front bumper/frame, and will make a difference on whether or not you will "be able to plow" with 4in lift

13. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Go to the plow manufactures website and look at the installation guides or specs. See what they recommend for the height of the mount and work from that. I would not go any higher then an inch above what they say.

It will affect the plowing and wont trip properly. I believe I read on these forms from one member he removed the lift kit because he was eating cutting edges, broke a spring and damaged one of the V sections after a rough hit at the wrong angle.

14. hillbillydeluxe

anyone running timbrens and a leveling kit?

If so what is your set up? tire size?

15. hillbillydeluxe

anyone?????????? please help me

16. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Forget about a lift. That's gay. I run 315's in the "off season" with no issue. I imagine you are not planning to put any sort of company lettering or DOT numbers or anything else on this truck, are you?

17. huskerfan523

huskerfan523 Member

Timbrens are pointless after a lift unless you get custom timbrens, because you will be lifting the truck off them. I like my supercoils, but lifted the truck almost 3 inches, so I had to lift the rear too. With the 3in and stockers the plow fit, but that's on the highest setting I don't think it will work with my 35s

18. hillbillydeluxe

I want to run 35's. 315's will rub with no lift? The Timbrens make for a rough ride although they say "maintains factory ride quality".....I could take timbrens out and put in a 2'' leveling kit to help me with my weight ( 8' western) and fit 35's in summer time.
    I won't put any lettering on it. And in winter time I'll put my stock tires back on to plow with.....

Any opinions?

19. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

I should clarify that I am running 315's on H2 rims. They do not rub. I am not sure if they would on stock rims or not.

20. hillbillydeluxe

I was just told that timbrens help support weight on the front end.. and Leveling kit raises your suspension and won't help as much with the weight. Now that I'm all Confused..lol My trucks plow frame (western) sometimes scrapes on an apron or two... in my opinion it's low..... and i have timbrens already in.... So if I take out the timbrens and install a 2'' leveling kit.... this will solve things?...
    1) helping the sag with the plow on...
    2) givin me extra clearance with the frame ( mount)...
    3) gimme the extra inches to run 35's in the summer months....

make sense?

Thanks for all your help everyone...