1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2007 2500 HD Rust Problems

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by captfudd, Aug 9, 2008.

1. captfudd

captfudd Member

I have a 2007 2500 HD and yesterday I noticed that at the bottom of the doors where the weather stripping is up against the plastic for the cab/carpet that in between I have rust starting to develope

Is anyone else seeing this?

And what is a good fix to stop this
  2. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

wow thats quick.

a nice bath in fluid film will eat up any rust and also prevent more from appearing
  3. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

when you wash your truck it doesnt hurt to open the door up and wash that part and spray it down. all the road salt and grime gets up in there and no one ever wash's it out or cleans it because they dont think of it and its not readily visible unless you think to look there.
  4. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

did you buy it new or second hand .if new take her back to the dealer and push for improper rust protection !:waving:
  5. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

i had that happen on my 03 just started this year, i tried to fix it and it started again so its going to the body shop in the fall, id love to do it know but im runnin both rigs daily
  6. Q101ATFD

Q101ATFD Senior Member

Second owner or not, take it to the dealer since it's still under warranty! Don't apply anything yet, or the dealer might try to say that whatever you put on had something to do with the rust.
  7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

How about a pic?
  8. captfudd

captfudd Member

I'll post a pic in the next day or so
  9. captfudd

captfudd Member

Bought it brand spankin new Im out of town with work I'll be taking it down to the dealer to show them
  10. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

i have a 2001 2500hd and a rust bubble appeared on the passenger side back door 2 months before it went out of warranty and they sited it to be improper rust preventing measures . they will do a lot customer appreciation .