1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2007/2008 Price list

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by lmarine, Aug 23, 2007.

1. lmarine

lmarine Member

what do you think?

Salt $150.00 ton
    Bag Cal Chloride IE dragon melt $12.00 per bag
    plow truck$100.00 an hour
    Skidster $125.00 hour
    dump truck ? an hour
    Shovelers/blowers/quads $35.00 an hour
    5"plus 10% of bid ?

please some input here too cheap? or????
  2. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

looks good are you running subs or all ur own equipment, if ur own I say a little high but thats in my neck of the woods in your's i bet there's a million people trying to get contracts

the bag chloride looks low I can't even get my hands on the good stuff for less the $15 I would charge at least 15-20% more then what it cost got to figure the time it takes to spread it .
  3. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Id love to get $100 for plowing. Im at about $80
    We charge $120 - $250 for salt
    Dragon melt we charge $16-$20
    $100 for a bobcat doing walks
    $35 for a guy on a shovel

I would plow for $70 an hour if its a good account that i can use tons of salt on. We only plow about 10 times but we can salt 40 times $$$$
  4. dakotasrock

dakotasrock Senior Member
    from MN

I'd charge more for shovelers.... its really hard work.
  5. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

$35 for a shovel guy?? Thats less than I charge for mowing. Back when I worked for someone else, I was in charge of the walk crew :rolleyes: , but I was paid $25 an hour, using their equiptment :drinkup:

Try charging twice that, you might be suprised payup

6. lmarine

lmarine Member

so let me get this right $120 to $230 for salting per ton what is the diff why $120 or$230 what are the factors i thought i might be alittle low on the dragon melt iam going up to $18.00 bag it is alot of work with spreaders on a 40 acre complex iam still lost on the per ton rock salt i mean with gas prices ect what do u charge and make a living at it without being out of the ball park
  7. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

It all depends on what you "CAN" charge. Last year I paid $65 a ton for bulk salt, I charged $300 a ton and I have no prolbems. I would not dream of spreading it for $85 a ton. If I had a 40 acre complex I would think the price would be alot lower than $300 a ton. My biggest place is somewhere close to 4 acres, but I have a lot of smaller places that feel $30 to spread 8o lbs of salt is a good deal. payup It just depends on what you can charge, every city is different.

Good Luck Bossman