1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2007 1500 with SnowDogg

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by serapis, Nov 23, 2009.

1. serapis

serapis Junior Member
    from Mass

I did a search and really did not find to great of an answer. I hate repitive questions on forums as well. BTW, my name is Andy and I am new to the forums.

Anyways, I have a 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Quad Cab 4x4 with the 5.7L HEMI. I am putting a HD75 SnowDogg on my truck to plow with. I was greatly torn between this and the new Meyer Drive Pro 76.

I have installed Timbrens on the front end and will put weight in the back. So my question now is, do I need a front end lift? Will the Timbrens be enough to stop alot of sag in the front? Is thre something else that might be better.

Has anyone seen this plow on a Ram like mine? I'm I nuts putting this plow on it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Your not nuts, I have a heavier Fisher Plow on my Dakota and it handles it fine. Personally I'd toss a 2" spacer up front as well to get a little more travel on the front end as Timbrens are basically oversized bumpstops. Either way, Post pics!
  3. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I had an 03 1500 with a Blizard 760lt with timbrens. It carried the plow fine.
  4. Geary44

Geary44 Senior Member

i have a Meyer STP 7.5 " with just timbrens up front on my 2008 1500 quad cab hemi and it seems to hold the plow very well, and the whole set up weighs 738 lbs
  5. zeek

zeek Member

You will be fine...throw some weight in the back and enjoy, I plow with the 20" wheels even and dont have any problems. I have a pic of my 09 1500 posted on the site:
  6. GatorDL55

GatorDL55 Senior Member

I had the exact same truck as you and put the Meyer STL 7.5 on it. Below is a picture - i don't think I have any better pictures. I didn't run any timbrens and it was fine -- the sag wasn't bad at all.

7. delong17

delong17 Senior Member
    from 48009

i have a 2006 dodge ram 1500 big horn edition 5.7l HEMI and i am wondering how much a setup like that costs? i am new to plowing and i have 65 accounts signed and ready to start pushing, i just need to beef up my car to accommodate the plow, what do i need to do?
  8. jbohio20

jbohio20 Junior Member
    from ohio

My trucks alittle smaller (dakota) and have no problem with the 500lbs up front. dont no if rams have torsion bars but i just cranked mine 3-4 full turns and 400lbs in the back and was ready to go..
  9. TonawandaNY

TonawandaNY Senior Member

The only issue you will have with the SnowDogg is if you start driving a truck full of people in it. With the 700lb SnowDogg and 500-700lbs of ballast in the back with 4 250lbs guys in the truck, you may end up putting your truck over its gvwr on one or both of the axles. Other wise the Snow Dogg plow selector I believe says the regular cab ram will fit the SnowDogg HD

Have fun and good luck this winter. that is alot of accounts. Good For you!