1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2007 1/2 Ton Z71 Extended Cab

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by NEWLAWNS, Nov 29, 2007.

NEWLAWNS Junior Member

I have a 2007 (new body style) 1/2 Ton Z71 Extended Cab with a 6.5 foot box and an extended cab here. It has the 5.3 engine.

Fisher tells me that I should put a Homesteader on it. Anything else would be too heavy.

My brother tells me to get a 7.5 Snow-Way 26 Series with down pressure for it.

A 7.5 Hiniker HD was mentioned also...if I had plow prep package (will go check)...or add timbrens (I think that's what you guys call them)...

I would be doing mostly parking lots and some driveways with this truck.

Am in a catch 22 (meaning I'm damned if i do and damned if I don't) with this truck as far as getting a plow that is capable for light commercial plowing?

Any ideas or recommendations that would work well with this truck would be great.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2007
  2. geereed

geereed Senior Member

I have the same truck and i put a 8ft Western pro plow on it and it handles it great. Its 699 pounds and the front only drops 3/4 of a inch.

New truck with plow 002.jpg