1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by rfed32, May 17, 2006.

1. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

this up coming season whats everyone going to charge hourly/per push for plowing...and what is everyone going to charge for salting bulk/bags

seeing that the price of gas iis going up and equipt. is going up in price as well...just wondering...gonna start bidding some stuff out in the next couple of mos and just trying to get a feel for the up comin season...

thinking snow and its not even summer prsport
  2. nsmilligan

nsmilligan PlowSite.com Veteran

I put my per push up 10% last year, and most of my seasonals are protected with a fuel surcharge clause. I think gas prices will even out by fall, because gas usage has to drop. My per push stuff I really won't make a call on till Sept/Oct

3. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

all my stuff needs to be in at the end of aug. so ill be doing priceing at end of june and keep figuring till first week of aug.
  4. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

i'm going to keep everything the same here. hour rate will stay at $50 and i'll charge the same on the per push. salt will depend on the cost when we get it in oct. i know i'll get shitt from this board for charging $50, but i have a regular job 11 1/2 months out of the year that pays my bills, this is just a hobbie for me.
  5. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

cool cool...i thinnking about going up a little not much tho....this will be my 1st year salting so i dont know what to look at...
  6. bigjeeping

bigjeeping Senior Member

If someone asks my hourly rate it's $275/hr per truck. Salt is $35/bag.
  7. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

that's some great pricing!! $1400 per ton, i could spread that in one 15 minutes. do you keep busy with that rate? keep up the good work.
  8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

And we all know how expensive hobbies can be.
    I didn't know they had beaches in MO, or is that a wave pool?
  9. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I'm going to bump my seasonal Driveway contracts up $25. It's not that much but is should cover the increase cost. My of my contracts are pretty close to my house, (within 5 mins) so fuel usage isn't too much of a variable.
  10. 2004 f250 psd

2004 f250 psd Member

all my prices up 10% this year
  11. bigjeeping

bigjeeping Senior Member

We do mainly residential so the only prices they see are their per push pricing and salting. Most driveways use half a bag so it's only an extra $15 if they want salt. And yes, we are busy as bee's.