1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2006 Wrangler,4.0 auto

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by TwistedMetal, Oct 14, 2007.

1. TwistedMetal

TwistedMetal Member

Im On the fence about buying a left over Snoway ST80 plow from a near by dealer.last year i got into plowing , one of my bigger landscaping customers has a long private road. have an F350 dump body with an 8'.5 MVP on it.works great on the private road, but the truck makes a mess of smaller driveways.Of course last winter i picked up more smaller drives then big lots or private roads. took a real beating last year. we only had about 5 plowable storms in this area. My hope is that the jeep with the smaller plow will save time and increase productivty.
  2. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

Makes sense to me. I'm thinking along the same lines. I've done some driveways that sucked with a 1 ton but would be perfect for a Jeep. However I can't drive both rigs at once, so I either need to put somebody into my 1 ton (huge truck with a big plow, what are they going to hit?) or into my Jeep (manual trans, might as well buy a replacement clutch now). Third option is try to do the bulk of the plowing with the 1 ton, then make my final cleanup trip in the Jeep, plus leave the little PITA driveways for last.