1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2006 Western 9'2" V-Blade - $4500???

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by capnsac, Nov 5, 2008.

1. capnsac

capnsac Member

This guy has a 9'2" Western VBlade that he used on his 2006 F-550 dump truck and I want to put it on my 2005 F-350. I'm not worried about making it fit, I'm more or less asking if you guys think $4500 is a fair price for this used plow. It has some rust on it but has been garage kept. :dizzy: Which makes me curious to say the least.
    What do you guys think on this one? I have a price in my head but want to see if it lines up with what the xperts have to say! Thanks in advance.

capn

2. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

have any pics of it? are you sure its not a 9'6"?

3. capnsac

capnsac Member

Yes sorry, I was thinking of Boss sizes for some reason. No pics, I posted a craigslist wanted ad and he responded to it today. He said it is in excellent condition with some rust.

4. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

excellent condition doesnt include rust in my book... may be in very good condition but i think that price may be a little steep....

5. capnsac

capnsac Member

That's exactly what I was thinking!

What do you guys think I should offer him, comes with mount, wiring, hand held remote.

6. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

how much are they new in your area

7. capnsac

capnsac Member

6600 w/tax and installation

8. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

will the mount thats coming with it work with your truck?

id offer around $3800... probaly start out around $3600-3700

9. M&M

M&M Senior Member

Capnsac, did you get those target store accounts?

10. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I just paid $4875 including tax but no install for a brand new 8'6" MVP Plus in Buffalo. I would think that is a little expensive.

11. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Go get a brand new one for close to the same price.

12. TurfKing360

TurfKing360 Member

I'd say thats alittle high but i really don't know western plows. However for reference I have seen new 9'6" Western V plows on ebay for about 4875. shipped to your house, and I could get you a 9'2" Boss poly power v plow for 4865.70 shipped to your door. I would agree with making him a low offer.

13. capnsac

capnsac Member

yea, he called the place in our area that installs these plows and they said it was good to go

14. capnsac

capnsac Member

my answer depends on if the flame war will begin again :dizzy::dizzy:

15. capnsac

capnsac Member

I will definitely check that out, thanks! :waving:

16. ducatirider944

ducatirider944 Senior Member
    from Iowa

I think you just did answer it! I shall not/will not help out some one that just total ignores what experianced people say. Best of luck!:waving:

17. Green Grass

Green Grass PlowSite Fanatic

I paid $5100 for a brand new one this last spring.

18. capnsac

capnsac Member

I called a dealer over in Lincoln and he quoted me $5403, that's installed and with sales tax already figured. In other words, the other guy is a huge rip off. I am going to go a step further though and get the wide-out instead. $6107, installed with sales tax. I'm gonna offer him $5900 and I'll buy it same day. What do you guys think?

19. Grampa Plow

Grampa Plow Senior Member
    from Midwest

I'm getting a 8 Ft. Western wide out installed next week $5545.00 including tax. Cash and carry was $5,045.

20. capnsac

capnsac Member

no kidding? Was it that price up front or did you have to haggle for that?

Last edited: Nov 6, 2008