1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2006 Silverado Extenda short box 2500 Duramax w 8"2 Boss Poly V

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by CDNbladerunner, Jun 1, 2010.

1. CDNbladerunner

CDNbladerunner Junior Member

This truck only plowed in Ottawa Ontario Canada for 1 season of its life. I have contact information from the previous owner that has owned it since new. It now has 147000kms (bought it at 130000). As all will attest in this region, we had 7 to 9 storms all winter. this truck was gently used by owner operator. Synthetic driveline fluids. Alison transmission fluid is blood red. All service records available. Timbrens installed and torsion bars cranked. Full load with leather, p seats windows cd... Steering mount controls. Blade was installed in Oct 09 still have original documentation to support. Truck plowed like a champ! Getting out of the business. Please email dsbshome@gmail.com for more information or pictures. Need $36000. If truck is bought in Ottawa - I can include customer list.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2010
  2. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

You want $36000 for a 2006................Am i missing something here???? Seems like your a little high for the age and the mileage that is on the unit???? Maybe I'm missing something............

3. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

It is Canada, so prices are different, I don't know much about prices though period, just monthly costs! ha

4. RCsLawncare

RCsLawncare Senior Member

Yea, I hope thats like $20k in the US....

5. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

The Canada dollar is pretty much even to the US dollar right now from what I've heard.

6. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

He does know its 2010 which makes the truck 4 years old!?!?!

7. CDNbladerunner

CDNbladerunner Junior Member

Justify :)

Hey guys, the pricing is always a starting point. The kbb.com site posts this truck at $29615, the blade installed in Canada is about 8K. I think to replace the truck (2010 - no more extenda shortbox though) pricing on the next comperable is well over $50000. 07, 08, and 09, the big 3 really slowed the production down on the big trucks. I consider myself to be an intermediate reasercher for the web and I had a tough time finding this truck last fall.

8. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

Well hope it works out we just bought a 2004 with a boss v-plow on it with 89,xxx miles for $15,900 here in the states, so hope it works out, and new ones here are $39k with the rebates they have now minus plow.

9. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

in canada the prices are a lot different from the states, not comparing dollars, but price ranges...American truck can go for 39k, but in canada the same truck would go for 60k, simply because they know we will pay for it...

That said, hes in the nose bleed of the ball park....

10. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

LOL.............nose bleeds!!

11. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

A Dmax???? Find me more of those and I'll buy them up.

12. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

x2. My 06 could use a twin.

13. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

Yeap it was a Dmax!! The guy was trying to sell it to upgrade and he was one of those guys that was ready to dump it and move on. Cash makes a big difference when your taking to someone for a deal in person and your ready to do it right now!!