1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2006 Ram 2500 Hd

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Dakota2004, Jul 26, 2007.

1. Dakota2004

Dakota2004 Senior Member

Went to the dealership the other day and I find myself looking at an 06 left over 2500 HD loaded with everything its a Laramine edition quad cab 8ft bed I think i wanna get it!!! But I am alittle worried about the gas I expect 11 but I am somewhat worried the price is 29K and change alittle over 31K out the door. What are some of the reviews from those who own this truck or any knowledge about them. Its the Hemi 5.7, the dealer also told me that all new vehicles are life time power train, and i do plan on towing quite a few trailers and one is a 40 ft camper and minor plowing, for the price i think its a good deal, its got a sticker for 40K

2. cp01

cp01 Junior Member
    from ny

Lifetime power train warranty

As far as I know, there is no lifetime power train warranty offered by Dodge. If the dealer is offering that to you, make sure to get it in writing.

3. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

4. cp01

cp01 Junior Member
    from ny

warranty

it excludes all 2500 rams and up diesel or gas is only for light duty vehicles and it started today

5. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

there must be twenty pages of small print. dodge could never afford to do that. if they did people would buy the trucks and blow them up in a week. i could kill one in a day without even putting effort in it. liffetime means even the people that DIDNT beat on there trucks would have huge warrantee claims. thats the bad people truck owners times a thousand.

6. UglyTruck

UglyTruck Senior Member

I went to the dodge website...here is the cut & paste of the disclaimer:

*See dealer for a copy of limited warranty and details. Non-Transferable. Not available on SRT, Diesel vehicles, Sprinter, Ram Chassis Cab, and certain fleet vehicles.

ON PURCHASES BEGINNING 7/26/07

I dont know if it excludes all 2500 & up trucks but I am willing to bet that somewhere it states that it excludes "any vehicle used for severe duty"

Guess what they call a truck with a plow...:realmad:

7. cp01

cp01 Junior Member
    from ny

warranty

I just call my local dealer because i oder a 2008 diesel two days ago they inform the the warranty excludes all 2500 and 3500 gas or diesel

8. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

tell them you want to cancel your order and buy a half ton. so what if you beat the **** out of it working its lifetime warrantee

9. cp01

cp01 Junior Member
    from ny

warranty

them my truck will live at the dealership no at home

10. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

If you are going to be towing quite a bit I would suggest a Cummins.....Don't get me wrong, I love my Hemi and am blessed to get 11-13 mpg with 35" tires, but my next truck will be a Cummins.....I would like the better milage and torque.....plus diesel gas prices seem to be more stable........they dont jump 15-30 cents in a day like gas does sometimes.

11. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Don't waste your time with the Hemi. It's not a bad engine, but when you can get the best Diesel engine in the same chassis, why wouldn't you?

12. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

You might want to read the fine print in that contract regarding "snow plowing"

They can void the warranty because of it.
    some warranty's do not cover abuse.
    What you think is not abuse the service manager and the adjuster may think differently.

I haven't had any real big problems but a couple of times they did mention the plow when I had tranny problems.

13. Dakota2004

Dakota2004 Senior Member

ok, i spoke with 2 different dodge dealers and they both told me that that truck has a lifeetime warranty on the power train, and it is not voided by the snow plow, if the truck has the snow plow option, the truck is mint, i think im going to get it, and for the price its even better

14. cp01

cp01 Junior Member
    from ny

warranty

look at dodge site, warranty states, heavy duty and diesel vehicles are excluded you should get the truck vin # call Chrysler they will tell you what the warranty is for that vehicle, don't listen to anyone but crysler.

15. ramitall

ramitall Junior Member

LIFETIME POWERTRAIN LIMITED WARRANTY
    Sold and Delivered On or After July 26, 2007
    Supplement to the 2006 and the 2007 and the 2008 Model Year
    Warranty Information Books
    At the expiration of the 3 year/36,000 mile Basic Limited Warranty, DaimlerChrysler Motors Company LLC extends to the original purchaser or retail lessee of
    each 2006 model year, 2007 model year and 2008 model year Chrysler, Dodge, or Jeep vehicle sold and delivered on or after July 26, 2007 limited powertrain
    warranty for the lifetime of that original purchaser or retail lessee.
    LIFETIME POWERTRAIN LIMITED WARRANTY
    A. Who is Covered?
    You are covered by the Lifetime Powertrain Limited Warranty if you are the first registered owner or lessee for use of the vehicle. Subsequent owners or
    lessees, even if they are within the same family or business, are not covered. Successor business entities or persons to whom the vehicle is transferred by
    operation of law are also not covered.
    B. What’s Covered
    The Lifetime Powertrain Limited Warranty covers the cost of all parts and labor needed to repair a powertrain component listed in section E below that is
    defective in workmanship and materials. There is no coverage for towing in the event of disablement.
    C. When It Begins
    The Lifetime Powertrain Limited Warranty begins at the end of the Basic Limited Warranty.
    D. Excluded Vehicles
    SRT vehicles, Sprinter vehicles, diesel equipped vehicles, all Ram Cab/Chassis vehicles, rental vehicles and government vehicles are not covered. Vehicles
    used as a police vehicle, taxi, limousine, postal delivery vehicle, or ambulance are not covered by the Lifetime Powertrain Limited Warranty.
    E. Parts Covered
    The Lifetime Powertrain Limited Warranty covers these parts and components of your vehicle’s powertrain supplied by DaimlerChrysler Motors
    Company LLC:
    Gasoline Engine: cylinder block and all internal parts; cylinder head assemblies; timing case, timing chain, timing belt, gears and sprockets; vibration
    damper; oil pump; water pump and housing; intake and exhaust manifolds; flywheel with starter ring gear; core plugs; valve covers; oil pan; turbocharger
    housing and internal parts; turbocharger wastegate actuator; supercharger; serpentine belt tensioner; seals and gaskets for listed components only.
    Transmission: transmission case and all internal parts; torque converter; drive/flex plate; transmission range switch; transmission control module; bell
    housing; oil pan; seals and gaskets for listed components only. NOTE: MANUAL TRANSMISSION CLUTCH PARTS ARE NOT COVERED AT ANY
    TIME.
    Front Wheel Drive: transaxle case and all internal parts; axle shaft assemblies; constant velocity joints and boots; differential cover; oil pan; transaxle
    speed sensors; transaxle solenoid assembly; PRNDL position switch; transaxle electronic controller; torque converter; seals and gaskets for listed
    components only. NOTE: MANUAL TRANSMISSION CLUTCH PARTS ARE NOT COVERED AT ANY TIME.
    All Wheel Drive (AWD): power transfer unit and all internal parts; viscous coupler; axle housing and all internal parts; constant velocity joints and boots;
    driveshaft and axle shaft assemblies; differential carrier assembly and all internal parts; output ball bearing; output flange; end cover; overrunning clutch;
    vacuum motor; torque tube; pinion spacer and shim, seals and gaskets for listed components only.
    Rear Wheel Drive: rear axle housing and all internal parts; axle shafts; axle shaft bearings; drive shaft assemblies; drive shaft center bearings; universal
    joints and yokes; seals and gaskets for listed components only.
    Four-Wheel Drive (4X4): transfer case and all internal parts; transfer case control module and shift mode motor assembly; axle housing and all internal
    parts; axle shafts; axle shaft bearings; drive shafts assemblies (front and rear); drive shaft center bearings; universal joints and yokes; disconnect housing
    assembly; seals and gaskets for the listed components only.
    F. When Lifetime Powertrain Limited Warranty Does Not Apply
    You are not covered by the Lifetime Powertrain Limited Warranty if you are a second or subsequent owner of the vehicle.
    G. Inspections
    In order to maintain the Lifetime Powertrain Limited Warranty, the person or entity covered by this Powertrain Limited Warranty must have a powertrain
    inspection performed by an authorized Chrysler, Dodge, or Jeep dealer once every 5 years. This inspection will be performed at no charge. The inspection
    must be made within sixty (60) days of each 5 year anniversary of the in-service date of the vehicle. You must have the inspection performed to continue
    this coverage.
    H. Other Provisions of This Powertrain Limited Warranty
    All other terms of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty including the Section 1 (Your Rights Under These Limited Warranties) and Section 3 (What’s Not
    Covered) apply to this Powertrain Limited Warranty.
    This document supplements the warranties and conditions described in the vehicle’s Warranty Information book.
    No other coverages are altered or extended based on this supplement.
    this is the sheet chryler sent directly to my dealership

16. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

Looks good.
    But all that tells you is what is covered.

You need to read the "EXCLUSIONS" or what is NOT covered.(fine-print)

I got a 40 page book that covers warranty info.

Parts like, overloading, adding equipment to your vehicle ,abuse, negligence are not covered.
    The last two are very debatable and subject to interpretation.

There is a section about using it(for snow plowing) commercially hire- or using it privately(to plow only your own drive)

But having said that most dealers will not void the warranty over this because they want you to continue to come to them for service and to purchase your next vehicle.

Yea, only listen to Chrysler lol,,,,, Listen to them but do not believe every thing a salesman or service mannager tells you.

I have been throw this with Chrysler all ready....

Last edited: Jul 28, 2007
  17. Dakota2004

Dakota2004 Senior Member

BOUGHT IT boys, i get it tomorrow, ill post some pics:gunsfiring:

18. Zack1978

Zack1978 Member
    from NJ

To those of you that posted telling us that the 2500 and 3500 Ram's are excluded, you are dead wrong. Yes, the Diesel 2500 and 3500 is excluded but not the Hemi, it has a lifetime warr.

Zack

19. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

Lifetime power train warranty is on dealer stock only and the offer will end before the end of the year.

Instead of lowering prices to sell off there inventory their offering the warranty on selected vehicles.

Next time you see the commercial read the fine print.
    If you have a new (Hdtv) tv you can freeze the pic and read it all.

"Dakota2004 BOUGHT IT boys, i get it tomorrow, ill post some pics "

:drinkup: :drinkup: Let's seet her:drinkup: