1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2006 ram 2500 crewcab. plow?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by brandonaustin, Sep 13, 2007.

1. brandonaustin

brandonaustin Junior Member

i was thinking of getting a 2006 ram 2500 crew cab. i have a 03 1500 sport quad cab but want somthing bigger to plow with. im not sure if the crew cab will be too big to plow with. also i was told if you plow with a crew cab you cant get a warantee. does anyone have any input?

2. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

never heard of a warrenty problem, the main problem is, being a crew cab with the extra weight, its easy to exceed the rated weight limit for the front axle with a heavy plow, even easier with the diesel as the diesel engine weights like a thousand pounds.

as far as plowing with one, yeah i woulden't wanna, i prefer the single cab long bed myself, as its alot easier for backing up. but plenty of guys plow with em, its just not my personal preference for plowing.

3. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

That's all a bunch of hogwash. I've plowed with a Dodge crew cab since 2003 and I've never had any warranty issues.

As far as the truck being too big, that's also untrue. I have yet to be in a situation while plowing and thinking that it'd be nice to have a smaller truck.

4. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

The big thing about crew cabs and plowing is when they rate the weight of the truck with all seats occupied. You'll be fine.

DSC00045.JPG

5. dakotasrock

dakotasrock Senior Member
    from MN

Daysprings, I WANT UR RIG!!!! haha. Seriously, very nice. Did u have to finagle ur boss dealer into installing that cause of the weight issue with the deisel?

brandonaustin, Are you talking about a quad cab, or the mega?

Personally, i think the mega would be a pita for plowing.... when u gotta plow around light poles, u'd be backing up and going forward twice as much as a reg cab.

If ur talking about a quad, I'd go for it. Thats what my rig is gonna be next winter. (godwilling)

6. Bporter

Bporter Senior Member

I have a Dodge 2500 I know mine i could have a 9 footer on the front if i wanted no problem i have and 8 now

7. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

I plowed with my Quad Cab/Long Bed last year with no issues at all. The only warranty issue I could see is if you plow with a truck that does not have the plow prep package. I run an 8ft Western Ultramount, even though Western's website says the biggest blade I can run is a 7.5. Definetly a great truck for plowing, and an animal in anything deep.

8. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Don't knock it until you've tried it. I spent 7 years in a regular cab long bed. I plowed one time in an extended cab and was sold. The ability to carry so much more stuff inside where it is warm and dry is priceless.