1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2006 powerstroke nightmare!!

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by fortydegnorth, Jan 25, 2006.

1. fortydegnorth

fortydegnorth Senior Member

Just picked up my new F-350 dump with the 6.0 and auto trans on January 11. Took it into the dealer close to the shop on Monday January 16 for an oil leak at the back of the engine. Friday January 20 I went to pick the truck up, after being told it was finished, to find the check engine light on and the turbo making no boost on the guage combined with an awful noise under the hood. After a melt-down in the service bay I limped the truck home and had it towed to the original dealer for repair on Saturday the 21. The truck is still not ready but they said they had to replace the entire turbo assembly along with every seal and o-ring for the oil lines on the turbo. I have owned the truck for 13 days and its been in the shop for 8. I love Ford but the dealer that screwed my truck up is about to have a lawsuit on there hands! I missed one salt already and had to sub everthing to a friend. Totally pissed!

2. fortydegnorth

By the way the truck now has a grand total of 154 miles on it.

3. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

That's B.S. Your right, lawsuit here we come!:nod:

4. PLANET

PLANET Member

Same **** here, I'm done with Ford.

5. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

Did you take it to the Dealer at Wilmington and 725...? I have a friend that had a terrible time getting his F350 transmission problem resolved there.....He was without that truck for 3 weeks while they "fixed" (read: installed new trans.) the problem...

Good Luck......

Derek

6. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

Picking up my new cummins today at 5'30pm traded in my 05 F350

7. motoxdk24

motoxdk24 Member

that a boy!!! bout time!

8. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

You are onlu kidding yourself if you think that type of thing doesn't happen at other manufacturers dealerships. To give up on a brand because of one dealer is not a sound move, IMO.

9. fortydegnorth

Yes it was the dealership at wilmington pike, Planet Ford. They screwed my truck up so bad that it took a good technician 5 days and a new turbo to fix it. All these new parts and work on a truck with so few miles makes me want to trade it in. I would still buy a Ford and a powerstroke. I just got it home about an hour ago and everything is good for now. I got a number for warranty disputes if anyone is interested, 1-800-428-3718. I will be calling them tomorrow.

10. Travel'n Trees

Travel'n Trees Member

If you go drive a duramax you won't selling my f550 crew cab 4x4. Hello duramax.

11. Quality1

Quality1 Member

12. fortydegnorth

I am getting a very sour taste in my mouth with this truck and I think its LEMON!! Just got the truck back last night and worked all day today putting strobes on it. Drove the truck about an hour ago and came home to a puddle of oil on the drive about 5" round. Got out a light and sure enough its leaking again but even worse this time. The lawyer will be the next person to take it in for warranty work because if I go back in the dealership again God only knows what will happen. I better have a new truck waiting. I plan on charging Ford for installation, removal, and another installation of the plow, strobes, and salter wiring. Not to mention the down time and lost revenue during the last snow we had when I had to sub-out salt work to a friend. Worst experience I have ever had with a truck.

13. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

Wow...I wish you the best. I am a Ford fan myself, but only of the gas engines. I don't think I'll ever own a Powerstroke, at least not until they get them absolutely mastered.

What a terrible move on Ford's part. They should have just kept the 7.3 or try to copy the Cummins as much as possible. Obviously, I'm no engineer and I certainly don't have all the answers, but c'mon. This recurring nitemare for PSD ownwers is getting way out of hand.

I love my 5.4, but I may want a diesel someday. Like I said, it won't be a Ford.
    Too bad. Hang in there, Fortydegnorth. :dizzy: