1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2006 Polaris 400 4x4

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by jay317, Oct 20, 2010.

1. jay317

jay317 Junior Member
    from indiana

I'm looking to buy a Polaris 400 with a plow. I'm planning on plowing about 20 or so driveways and a couple of small parking lots just wondering is this a good atv and see if I can get any input on plowing with a atv,thanks guys
  2. tcfirerescue13

tcfirerescue13 Junior Member

i have a 2004 sportsman 400 and it works great for my driveway. just add a little weight to the ass end and you will be fine. it has a 48" blade with recently installed wings that make it 56" total. if you want to go bigger than that, i would get a bigger wheeler.

3. jay317

jay317 Junior Member
    from indiana

I think the 400 would be fine
  4. volt

volt Junior Member
    from ny

jay317. i've got a really similar situation. i plow about the same as you're suggesting and I use a 2005 kodiak 400 4x4 with a 48" warn plow / warn winch setup. it works great and we get dumped on pretty hard. No issues at all with it being a 400. I was concerned with that snow at the end of folk's driveways that is huge, but never really a problem. i agree with a little bit of weight...although i usually don't use that much. Maybe a 50 lb sandbag? Chains for the rear-end tires are cheap and a hellava good way to get some major traction. hope this helps and happy plowing. i do enjoy it oddy enough.