1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2006 GMC 2500HD w/ sander $19,000

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by ricjus001, Oct 7, 2009.

1. ricjus001

ricjus001 Junior Member

2006 GMC 2500HD, 6.0L V8. Reg cab, 8' bed w/ Linex(Aug 2008). 20,500 miles. Excellent shape. Clean interior. Fisher 8' MM2 Plow, new cutting edge not installed yet. Fisher Ploycaster 7" sander (stainless and plastic construction) 6 months old, used for 2 residential driveways less than 15 times. Homemade backrack w/ Whelen strobe light (cig plug).

Quick story. Truck was bought by me in June 2008 from Goodwins in Brunswick with 11,000mi, plow was original to truck when new, I added the sander. The 1st and only other owner was an elderly man who garaged the truck and plow and only did his own driveway-I didnt think he had used the plow when I fist saw it. I intended to use the truck for a part time job doing some commercial snow removal (full-time I am a Maintenance Supervisor), This past winter I only did 4 residential driveways: mine, my grandmothers, aunt's and in-laws; next winter was going to be the first REAL winter. My job situation is changing and my wife and I are expecting our 1st baby this fall; so I wont be able to go into business on my own yet. It is a great truck for what it is intended for-a little bummed, for I wont be able to see it at its best.

Pics later today

Last edited: Oct 7, 2009
  2. trmotorsports

trmotorsports Junior Member

What are you looking to get out of it?
    Partial trade? I have a nice 2001 dodge 1500 reg cab shortbox, only 60,00 miles on it.
    Tyler

3. silvercity

silvercity Senior Member

Gotta post some pics.

4. ricjus001

ricjus001 Junior Member

Not so much a trade. I am likely to get a new smaller truck or SUV, plowing for me is a ways off again. Asking $19,000. I do have the sander up separate from the truck if you need one and not the other.

5. ricjus001

ricjus001 Junior Member

6. silvercity

silvercity Senior Member

Did the spreader have it's updates done? Any power in the truck? Does it need anything?

7. ricjus001

ricjus001 Junior Member

Plenty of power. Sander was new in October 2008, no work done since installed, from what I read, this was bought after the upgrades were an issue, so it should be all set. Just have to tension the belt before this season. Truck could probably stand a tire rotation, other than that it is in great shape.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2009