1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2006 Ford F-250 - What's a good snow plow for this truck?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by ACsPlowing, Sep 21, 2013.

1. ACsPlowing

ACsPlowing Junior Member

Just picked up a 2006 Ford F-250 5.4L, Regular Cab, 8 ft box...I was wondering what's a good plow for this size truck?

I'm looking to plow residential places, and possibly a few commercial lots...
  2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

8 footer is good. Look at the signatures of the thousands of members here and look at what their running. There should be a common thread for each truck.
  3. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

For a resi/commercial mix, an 8' straight blade with wings is ok, or if your willing to spend the extra cash, an 8.5 foot V plow with or without wings.
  4. Jguck25

Jguck25 Senior Member

depends on the area you live in and the most common types of driveways. around me we have large long driveways so i run a 9.5 v plow, i also mix in a few commercial lots and an hoa.

i found for driveways the v plow is awesome, i never want to go back to a straight blade.

as far as size, you can get what you want but with all the winding long driveways i hated my 8.5 v plow, it just wasnt wide enough for my f350 extended cab long bed, it was very annoying, i love my 9.5. it is more efficient than just the extra foot because the tires dont run into the windrow and pack it down and bring it all back into where you already plowed
  5. ACsPlowing

ACsPlowing Junior Member

Thanks for the feedback guys
  6. MSsnowplowing

MSsnowplowing Senior Member

Everyone has their the brand they love best.

The most important thing is who has a dealership near you.

Is it open during storms in case you need emergency service?
    Even brand new plows things can go wrong, catch a line and break it, etc...

Make sure you look at the weight of the plow your going to use and your truck will handle it, too heavy and your looking at front end work quite quickly.

I use the western pro plus with my ford 350 and never had any serious problems with it, maintence every year before the season.

Had one of my lines go first year I bought it, think I caught a sharp rock flying up and got it. That's about it.
  7. ACsPlowing

ACsPlowing Junior Member

Thanks MS!