1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2006 f550 for sale

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by supersource, Mar 26, 2012.

1. supersource

supersource Junior Member

2. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

Any idea on selling outside of the auction page?

3. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

how many miles on this rig?

4. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

The auction listing shows 60,800 miles

5. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

10% buyers fee, F off. Otherwise it looks like a decent truck

6. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

one reason i find it hard to buy at an acution now you have those buyers permiums plus sales tax on top of the highest bid and alot of times you don't really know the condtion of the equipment you are buying especially online. And as you see most of the time there is some one helping to bid up the item for there freind or state agency .
    some times your better off to go to a dealer at least you get a waranty with it for a few ,months anyways.

7. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

This is so true! Richie Brothers is a prime example of they new buyers premium and all the add ons. When they first started having auctions in our area it was a great place to go and buy equipment but now its like going to a the craziness show!!

8. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

x3 on the above, I once sent a nasty email to an auction house wanting 13% plus sales tax, its not even worth it to buy at that point.

Auctions are fun to go to but deals are a thing of the past for the most part. Id bid on the 550 above, but not with a buyer fee.

Municibid has a 5% buyer fee and even that makes my blood boil

Hunyady auctions is one of the few big equipment auctioneers that do not charge tax (if on site) and no BP

9. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

I buy stuff at auction all the time lately, you just need to be aware of the buyers fees. You guys are right though often the dealers or craigslist can have as good or better deals.

10. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

Also found out at the last RB Auction that they charge you 10% selling fee so they are actually double dipping on most stuff. I understand the whole thing with making money and how business works but sometimes its just better to be on your guard and know what you getting charged before selling/buying at a auction!

11. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

It be ok to pay those fees if i was to get the item at a very low price i mean very low but after i pay the same or a dollar less just makes no sense to me , back in the day you would bid and usually get a good deal for maybe half of what it normally would go for. and if they wanted to get x amount it started off at that amount they way they do it today just seams sneeky in my opinion. I think like some one said it is fun to go and see how much more people pay for stuff sometimes more than what it is worth just to say you won it from the other person .

12. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

I just watched an online auction of a recycling factities. People paid damn close to retail for mafia block, I believe 875 for 28 block, then had 10% added plus tax. THEN they have to load and haul on their own, there isn't any equipment to load. Last time I checked with the concrete place here mafia block were $ 35 ea, and that is loaded on my truck or trailer, 15 minute or less from my shop.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
  13. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

I have recently been going to auctions around New England and there are some deals to be had but for the most part things are going for close to retail, craigslist usually has better deals.

14. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

That is unbelivable the pay that much for something the could get for less and have them load it for you.

very few and far between have i seen any great auction deals always fun to go to them, your right you can find some good deals on there and you have time to get them checked out.