1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2006 F350 6.0L boost pressure

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by fci, Nov 24, 2010.

1. fci

fci Senior Member

My 06 6.0L ford seems to have lost a little power. It has a predator program for towing, No other mods. No codes, Does anyone know how much boost pressure there should be at full throttle. I have about 25 is that normal?

2. Chipper

Chipper Member

Check ford-trucks.com they have a very good site with a section just for the 6.0l diesel.

3. matt418235

matt418235 Junior Member

a normal running 6.0 will runa bout 25-26 psi. if no other mods are done to it. try and check your fuel pressure at the secondary fuel filter housing you sould have no less than 45-50 psi at wide open throttle. if you have less pressure you most likly need a fuel pump filters and maybe a regulator if you havent changed the filters every 15 k. i know all this crap work on the damn things every day.

4. OHSIX6OH

OHSIX6OH Junior Member
    from Maine

If your fuel pressure is on the low side Ford has an updated regulator kit with a heavier blue spring P/N 3C3Z-9T517-AG My pressure was low and this cured it. Kit ups the pressure 10psi.
    kit.jpg

kit.jpg

5. fci

fci Senior Member

thanks I think I will replace the fuel filters and replace the regulator it can't hurt and I don't have a way to test fuel pressure. thanks for the info, I will let you know if it fixes the problem.

6. fci

fci Senior Member

I put the fuel regulator kit in yesterday and it seems to have fix the problem. thanks for your info

7. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

What is the cost of this updated regulator kit? I've seem to lost some boost in my 06 350. It was running around 25psi. Now about 20psi. I will change the filters and see if that helps.

8. fci

fci Senior Member

My kit was $60.00 from ford. Real easy to install, it only took about 10 minutes.

9. JD_F250

JD_F250 Junior Member
    from WI

I had the same problem a while back...mine was the hose going to the map sensor. The sensor is located on the passenger side toward the back of the engine bay. The previous owner tee'd into it for the boost gauge. The conection was all broke apart and the boost wasnt registering at the map sensor...which in turn, made the computer hold back from from getting FUEL to the motor. New hose and t fitting. Good to go!

Last edited: Dec 9, 2010