1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2006 f250 psd

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by dfdsuperduty, Nov 26, 2010.

1. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

The parking brake randomly illuminates while I am driving, I have no loss in braking ability brake fluid level has remained constant, I do have the high idle option installed and a remote start i don't know if any of these could possibly cause this problem. It also makes it impossible for me to use the cruise any help will be appreciated.
  2. dellwas

dellwas Senior Member

The switch on older models is at the top of the parking brake assemblies. It is plunger activated, when you push on the EB the plunger closes the circuit to turn on the light. Sometimes the switches get loose. If memory serves me corrctly, they are held in place by a couple of jam nuts (which are also used to adjust the switch). If the switch gets loose then the plunger can activate the light as the switch moves around. This is circa '97 and older, so it maybe a totally different setup on your truck....

3. Too Stroked

Too Stroked Senior Member

Or, if the parking brake lever is slightly drooping. First, try pulling the parking brake release and lifting up on the parking brake pedal. If that doesn't work, try the above.
  4. accu-cut lawn

accu-cut lawn Junior Member

Look at the linkage and see if the sensor on the parking brake is in adjustment. Is it under warranty?
  5. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

if it was still under warranty it would be sitting at the dealer unfortunately it started doing this about 2k out of warranty