1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2006 F250 5.4L shuts off randomly?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by odd1or2even, Dec 23, 2010.

1. odd1or2even

odd1or2even Senior Member

I have a 2006 F250 with the 5.4L engine with 121K miles and randomly it'll shut off. This morning it did it when I backed into a driveway, the previous time I backed up a hill out of a parking lot.

I just had it serviced, and had the fuel filter changed, oil changed, air filter as well. Any ideas?

Also, how do you reset the key pad on the side door (dealer I bought the truck from didn't know how to reset). Thanks

2. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

My 06 has done this 3 times all around corner's. Its all been at slow speeds but a bit unnerving trying to steer it. It hasn't done it in quite a while. I can ask one of my subs, he's a Ford tech foreman.
  3. tawilson

tawilson Senior Member

Mine did it the other day while plowing. I had my beacon plugged into the cigarette lighter outlet which I think is a nono as it's also on the computer circuit so I moved it to the power port.
  4. Too Stroked

Too Stroked Senior Member

Try cleaning the Throttle Body. Kind of a common problem.