1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2006 F250 4x4 Tires

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by J&R Landscaping, Dec 15, 2007.

1. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

I have a 06 F250 4x4 Reg cab that I bought about a month and a half ago. The tires on it are ok but will need replacing with-in the next 20k miles. It currently has Continental Contitrack tires on all 4 corners. Are these good tires for the snow or should I get new tires now? I did a search on the tire and did not come up with anything...

BTW, the truck will be getting an 8' western put on it tommorow.
    Thanks for any insight!

2. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

in the summer i run the general ameri-trac similar style tire awesome in the summer but they tend to pack up in winter . i got steel rims off e-bay and made a winter tire package I've been running cooper St's awesome tire for winter good bite 3 or 4 plow able event in northern pa this winter nothing major yet but so far so good i love them

3. Plowin in VT

Plowin in VT Senior Member

I run studded Hakka 5's on my '07 F250 and love them! They aren't cheap, but are worth every penny!

4. 92XT

92XT Senior Member

They are fine

5. Bernie Lomax

Bernie Lomax Senior Member

I wanted a much more aggressive pattern, but still a polite street tire. Went with Toyo's All Terrain and will definitely put them on my next truck as well.

6. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

Continental Tires fine?? On dry pavement maybe, brand spanking new they are questionable.

I do the BGF all terrain, Nitro has some good tires, Goodyear also - But those Continentals are good for making ceramic tile in Mexico only.

7. beano

beano Member

Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo's...Make sure they are the revo's. Personal peference. Great ride with good traction.

8. K. Meyer

K. Meyer Junior Member

I've got a cc diesel with goodyear wrangler silent armor and love it. A liitle cheaper than the bfg's and traction seems to be as good or better. Not sure how they will last year round, i will probably run mine in the winter only. I also looked at the toyo and that was my second choice only due to price. ( i had to replace tires on my dually, crew cab and wife's envoy, ouch....)

9. qualitycut

qualitycut PlowSite Fanatic

silent armors are the best I have had yet little spendy but great all around. I have some on my 350 crew and they are amazing in the snow.

10. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

I run BFG all terrains on my 99 F250 and love them not noisey in the summer and great bite in the snow. They are a great all around tire.

11. Mysticlandscape

Mysticlandscape Senior Member

I hate mine. Going to get new ones for next winter.

12. Hiwire

Hiwire Member

Another vote for the Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo. Be sure you specify the Revos Huge difference. They are not cheap but one of the best on the market. They are reasonable during the summer and an awesome snow tire. A little weight in the back and I find myself plowing in 2 wheel drive at times. So far looks like they are going to last a lotta miles too.
    Ray

13. Honest Mike

Honest Mike Member

I just put 4 new wheels and tires on my truck. I put the GoodYear Wrangler Silent Armors on. Only used them once so far but they are much better than the stock tires. ~Mike

14. jkiser96

jkiser96 Senior Member

I put my factory Continental's on after I wore my BFG's out. I now have 20,000 miles on them & they are wore out. These are a piece of s*^t to push with IMO. Even had 1300 pounds in the bed & still no good. I am trying a set of Hankook mud terrains next, I have talked to a few guys that run them & swear by them.

15. ronnie dobbs

ronnie dobbs Junior Member

I have always run Michelin tires, never got stuck and had good tread life.

16. Fordistough

Fordistough Senior Member
    from USA

BFG All terrains! Great tire.

17. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

everyone that i know whos ford came with those hates them... whether they are brand new or old they suck

18. Ogrebonz

Ogrebonz Junior Member

I bought my third set of BFG's last fall and I love them. Back when I used to do accounts for a marina they were all the boss would buy, and I know why now. They wear good, great in snow and ice, good in sand but suck in mud. Then again, this is a snowplow forum so who cares right?
    But noisy? Either I can't hear anymore or my truck is just too loud to notice, or both... Ogre.

19. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

I just got rid of my Revos after 25k miles.....they were toast, nice tire, but they are way to expensive to get only 25k out of them. I've got the Toyo Open Country A/Ts on mine now, less expensive and one of the best tires. Both our plows and our suburban have them, as well as my old truck and now this one, and I wouldn't buy anything else.

20. Green Grass

Green Grass PlowSite Fanatic

i put good year silent armor on my truck they are a little more but can almost plow in two wheel drive they hook up great and are a real quite tire