1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2006 F150 4x4 supercab

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by gbpackmo4, Oct 17, 2006.

1. gbpackmo4

gbpackmo4 Junior Member

Bought a 2006 Ford F150 4x4 supercab last week and want to put a plow on it but the dealers are telling they can't or won't because it is not big enough. 5.4L Triton engine on this truck also. Is anyone plowing with one of these or have any suggestions?

Last edited: Oct 17, 2006
  2. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

if thats what you want to do....do it!!! hell i just put a plow on our cub cadet mower this week. 46" baby!!!!!!!! since you asked for suggestions, if i had a 06 f150 i'd use it for date night or get groceries with it. when it turned 5 years old i'd haul snow shovels with it and maybe a blower.

3. gbpackmo4

gbpackmo4 Junior Member

Also have a 90 F250 SD 4x2 that could have a plow

4. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

i'd pass on the plow for the f250 2x4 too many problems with traction while pushing snow. you could put a v box in the back and have plenty of traction, but if you did that you would be way overloaded. if you really want into a good starter truck that will be around in your business for a long term sell the f150 and get a f 550, a k3500, or a ram 3500 all with auto trans. j m o

5. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I know that both Western and Blizzard make plows for that truck, but check around.

6. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I've seen a late model F150 running around with a Boss 7'6" Vblade on it. I dont see why you couldn't put a 7'6" plow of any type on it. Keep in mind it will void your warranty though, even the 3 year 36k mileage warranty as well.

7. MJM Landscaping

MJM Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

I have an 04 reg cab with the boss 7'6". Put it on it doenst even phase it. I put the 2.5 lift in the front of mine it sags maybe an 1 or 2 with the plow up.

I am putting the 8'2" vee on it. I had the plow on the truck this week, prolly sagged 3-4" with the blade up.

I got some pics of mine do a search.

8. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

8'2" V on a newer F150?:nono:

9. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Why?:confused: That plow will destroy your truck! A regular plow alone is bad enough on a 1/2 ton but puting a plow that was made for a 3/4 or bigger is just stupid I think. You'll spend all of your profits in repairs. Good luck with that!;)