1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2006 F 150 Wear And Tear Issues

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by BKFC255, Aug 5, 2008.

1. BKFC255

BKFC255 Senior Member

I Just Bought A 2006 Ext Cab F 150 5.4 Tow Package. I Am Looking At Putting A 26 Series Sw On It. I Will Be Plowing Between 5 To 10 Drive Ways One Approx 300' Long Rest Of Them Are Average Driveways. Will The Truck Be Okay For That Type Of Use? I Will Be Putting Timbrens On It. My Big Question Is Will The Tranny And Front End Hold Up, Cv Joints? Ball Joints I Consider Normal Wear And Tear.

2. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

the front end will hold up but those wear items will wear faster than usual, its just part of the business. the tranny will be fine as long as you dont abuse it. come to a complete stop before shifting, let the tranny engage before getting on the gas, try not to spin and get a tranny temp gauge installed to make sure it doesnt get too hot, thats when stuff goes real bad when you toast the tranny fluid..,. might not even hurt to have the tranny fluid changed before the season.

where in upstate ny are you?

3. BKFC255

BKFC255 Senior Member

THANKS FOR THE INFO LAWN PRO. I AM LOOKING AT THE SCAN GAUAGE II. ALL I NEED IT FOR IS THE GAUAGES. IT'S RIGHT AROUND 160.00. PLUGS IN TO THE OBD2 PORT.

I LIVE IN BROADALBIN NOT TO FAR FROM YOU. ITS ABOUT 15 MIN NORTH OF AMSTERDAM ON THE SOUTH SIDE OF The Great Sacandaga Lake.

4. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

yea i know where broadalbin is, i work weekends at the wal mart DC in johnstown,.

that scan gauge looks pretty nice, id buy one but i already dropped 2 bills on a diagnostic comp. over the winter...