1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2006 Duramax CC Dually, 4x4 Factory Nav, etc

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by mullis56, May 28, 2008.

1. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Selling my truck that is our 3rd vehicle, it is 2006 Chevy 3500 Duramax, crew cab, Victory Red, LT3, 13K miles, no fifth wheel hitch, spray in liner, power everything, billet grille, pacific dually simulators (not on truck but new and included), westin oval tubes, spray in liner, GM Factory Nav, Prodigy brake controller, DVD player through NAV, orginal factory radio included, AC, AT Allison, 6 speed, husky molded liners, etc. Immaculate shape, like brand new! Can test drive or see anytime. $31,500 Let me know. Thanks!
    mullis56@sbcglobal.net

2. Sealer People

Sealer People Senior Member

Hi, Im replying to an old ad of yours in regards to your 2006 Duramax, dually.

Im looking to buy a truck for snow plowing.
    I found a 2006, gmc, dually, 6.6 duaramx, extended cab, long box.
    Im hearing that the front end of these trucks is too weak for snow plowing. Im actaully hearing that when the plow is on, it exceeds the max.weight rating.

Since you were an owner of the same truck Im looking at, Im wondering if you had any advice.

Thanks for your time.

John

3. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

John go ahead and plow with it. I had a 2004 CC dually with a Western 8'6" V and I had the wings on it also. You should be fine. They are looking at having the truck loaded with people.

4. Sealer People

Sealer People Senior Member

Thanks fo rthe reply. Thats what I love about this site, everyone is helpfull.

I usually plow alone or with one other guy helping out, but I do however carry on a slide in salter, that normally holds one yard or a bit more.

I currently run a 4996, chevy 2500, 6.5 turbo diesel, 4x4, extende cab & long box.
    Shes a good truck & I want to keep it as a second truck, just incase.
    My issue with the chevy is that its always overheating on me. I cranked up the torsion bars a bit, but still the same thing.

Someone mentioned to me yesterday, that I should change the thermostat.
    Im thinking, since the readiator has never been changed on this truck since Ive owned it (10 years),
    maybe I should just change the whole rad & get a new thermostat with it.

Im sorry to ask, but any thought :??
    Did you ever have an overheating problem with your dually ?

Again, thanks for your time.