1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2006 dump

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by PTLandscapeCO., Dec 11, 2006.

1. PTLandscapeCO.

PTLandscapeCO. Junior Member

Ive got my new 3500 dump plowing this year and after the first storm i had it in the dealer cause the front end is bottoming out liek crazy(it has a 8.5 western ultramount and a pro -flo spreader in the rear) and they said the torrsion bars only have a half crank left in them (meaning there maxed out) any help would be great guys anyone else with the same problem
  2. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

Does it have the VYO Snow Plow Prep? If the T-bars are almost maxed out, you should not have this problem. Get a set of Timbrens on it. Add some green keys or get a set of SuspensionMaxx adjustable keys.
  3. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

you need timbrens
  4. PTLandscapeCO.

yeah it has the plow prep on it,and Yea i knwo what timbrens are and i have them on my dodge,also been told about a level kit anyone on that?
  5. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

That's rediculas, a 8.5' blade should not be bottoming out a one ton, I got a 8' on my 1500 and have never had it bottom out, real close probablly but never bottom out, Something is wrong, Man your fenders must be almost touching the wheels. I would defently complain
  6. PTLandscapeCO.

yeah tell me about it i was raither pist when i went to the dealer and im pretty sure they knew it i talk to a feqw of my buddies who also have chevy dumps and alot of them seemed to beleve it was cause it has a 10' dump on it they ajusted the t-bar a little more and it seems to be doign a bit better im gonna throw some timbrens on this week
  7. matt-max

matt-max Member

we had the same issue on our k3500 dump. crank the bars to get about 40" to bottom of fender. swap your skinny short tires for 235/85-16's and put on timbrens all around. we run a pro plus 9' on ours with no more problems as long as there is ballast in the dump bed. ground clearance is much better now
  8. PTLandscapeCO.

yeah that was also a thought today as i was back to doing some landscaping due to nice weather bigger tires i believe my dump has 225 85 r 16 and i wouldnt mind going 245 due to that fact aht truck is bulky and then you look at the tires and seem these chicken legs LOL
  9. matt-max

matt-max Member

stockers are 215/85's and we go to 235/85's. any wider and your rear tires will likely run when loaded heavy which is bad news. have a look at the gap between the two rears with a full load on. 245's or wider will require spacers between the wheels to create extra room. also, the taller the tire you go with up front for more ground clearance will mean less rear gear for starting a heavy load moving. oh yeah....if you want a set of green keys let me know. i have a new unused set laying around in the shop you can have.