1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2006 coil springs

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by zman300, Dec 15, 2009.

1. zman300

zman300 Member

I have a 2006 F250 SC with 5.4. The plow is a Boss 9'2" Vee

The Ford dealer I bought it from said the 4800# springs would handle a plow.
    I know I should have heavier springs, but which ones.
    I contacted Boss they said 5200#. As long as I'm upgrading should I go heavier.
    Thanks

2. bdavis

bdavis Member

I had an 05 with the 4800#...upgraded to the ^000# for $80 per side and the truck sat perfectly level without any plow...sagged only 1" with a 9'Xblade. Best thing I ever did to the truck...the ride was actually better empty too which was a surprise to me. email me with any q's....I researched it to death befor I did it....bdavis@nesurveillance.com....here is a pic of the truck finished..

DSC_3579.jpg

3. bdavis

bdavis Member

PS the plow is off the ground in this pic...even though the triangls is down it was safety chained up ...so all the weight of the plow is on the springs....

4. zman300

zman300 Member

Nice truck.
    6000#?
    Do you have the 5.4.
    Where did you get your springs.
    Thanks

5. metallihockey88

metallihockey88 PlowSite.com Addict

where you at in wisconsin? i have a new set of 6500lb springs sittin in my garage if you want them. i put an 8ft boss straight blade on my truck and the 5200lb springs hold it alright so never went through with puttin on the 6500lb springs. im just lookin to get rid of them since i have no need so let me know if youd be interested and we can figure out a price. it will be cheap

6. bdavis

bdavis Member

Yes sorry ...typo....meant to say upgraded to the 6000# Springs. Got them at the local dealer...I have the v10

7. Deco

Deco Senior Member

2 .5 " leveling kit does the trick .

8. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

already another thread going on this,,,check there for extra info. Also, I did a write up on this upgrade do a search for it,,,if that doesn't yield results,,,PM me.

9. zman300

zman300 Member

I'm up around Oshkosh.
    6500#, that might make for a pretty stiff ride.

10. Green Grass

Green Grass PlowSite Fanatic

I would put 6000 in it they are the same price

11. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

go with the 6500's i would if i was doing it all over again,,I went with the 6000's

12. Green Grass

Green Grass PlowSite Fanatic

with 6500 the truck will not ride very good with the plow off.

13. K. Meyer

K. Meyer Junior Member

Check truckspring.com for a couple options. I just put 7000# springs in my diesel and they carry the plow nice as well as ride well w/o. I have my stock 6000# springs (code c) if anyones interested. I run an 8611lp on my crew cab and the stockers were a little weak.