1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2006 Chevy Silverado - Diesel - BOSS

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by cosgo, Feb 15, 2011.

1. cosgo

cosgo Member

I have for sale my 2006 Chevy Silverado with Duramax diesel and Allison auto trans. I looked long and hard to find this exact truck when I bought it. In 2006 Chevy used the bigger block and 6 speed Allison which make it very desirable. This is an LT model and has every option except sunroof. I am second owner. First owner was a retired gentleman in florida, and the truck has only seen this winter. I bought a brand new Boss plow in late November and have used the truck 7 times to plow. Not abused, misused, etc. It is in excellent condition, full power, leather, etc.. Ill leave the Boss truck side on the truck, but am keeping the plow and wiring. THE ONLY REASON IM SELLING IS BECAUSE I NEED A DUALLY FOR MY JOB. There is absolutely no other reason. I absolutely love this truck and am very particular about taking care of it. always had two sets of floor mats, its a real head turner. Kelly blue book shows 23k trade in value, and 31k retail. ill accept a reasonable offer. no low ballers as ill just trade it in. There are a couple of minor scratches on the truck and thats it. no rust, no damage, no dissapointments. Truck has a Linex spray in bedliner, and a turn over ball gooseneck hitch. (tonneau does not come with truck) Call Angelo with questions. 708-692-3529

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JRS Landscaping

JRS Landscaping Senior Member

miles? interior shots?

3. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

FYI the engine block is the same. Compression, boost, intake, and programming are different

4. cosgo

cosgo Member

oops... 91k for the miles - still under factory 100k motor warranty. i can attach interior pics tomorrow when the weather lets up. Its black on black interior. correction, i said block, i meant larger forged main bearing and connecting rods.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
  5. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Is it a LLY or LBZ? They did the main bearing upgrade in the 06' LLY along with the connecting rods. Then another upgrade on the rods for the LBZ

6. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

If you are putting the plow on a different truck, you can keep the wiring on that truck also. No need to take it off the 06. Just take the controller for the plow. Just trying to be helpful. Nice lookin truck, good luck with the sale.

7. cosgo

cosgo Member

Sealed the deal on another truck today. going to pick up my new to me dually on saturday. If anyone is interested in buying this fantastic truck from me, ill let it go dirt cheap. Otherwise, ive already had it inspected at Carmax, and Friday night im just gonna drop it off and get my check. heres a chance to own a super nice duramax for thousands less than retail. no jokes, no bull crap, its going whether to an individual, or carmax.

Heres some interior shots too:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

What is your cash price on it?

9. cosgo

cosgo Member

ive already been made an offer that beats carmax, so its gonna sell for 24k tomorrow morning unless someone comes up with anything better. a local dealer made me the offer, so thats where its goin.

10. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

wow I was debating offering you 25 or 26 but didnt figure you would take it and here you are sellin it for 24. just my luck.

11. cosgo

cosgo Member

Cash talks, and since it's such a short sale for some quick revenue, beggars can't be choosers. The dealer is a sure thing. You show up here before 10 am with 24500 cash and you can have it. Doubt anyone has that kind of cash on hand in such short notice, so off to the dealer it goes. My number is on the thread if you're serious, but most likely I forsee this going as planned with the dealer as they seem to be the only ones thy can wheel and deal this quick.

12. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

Yea it would be too quick for me which why I did not offer seems like a good deal. Good luck with the new truck.

13. cosgo

cosgo Member

I hate to part with it. It's really sweet, but work comes first. Thanks