1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2006 chevy duramax wiring install question

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by BTRBLDR, Nov 26, 2011.

1. BTRBLDR

BTRBLDR Member

I have everything installed besides the DRL, parking lamps and turns signal wires. I see how to splice the wires, does it matter wich one I splice into on each component? Blue one? Black one? I did search here and fishers site but couldnt find what I'm looking for.

Thanks guys...

2. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Purple splices into the parking signal
    Brown to Brown into the turn signal
    Pink splices into the blue DRL wire

3. BTRBLDR

BTRBLDR Member

Thanks for response. I just tested the wire with a meter before splicing it, process of elimination but it all worked out well. He does have one problem. The low beam lights dont shut off and turn over to the plow lights. The high beams do, and parking lights and blinkers all work plowside. I tried two different plows and swapped my module out with his and the same result. Obviously its the harness truckside low beam but do you guys know of any problem areas to look first? Thanks again:salute:

4. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

If this is a new 3 Port install you will notice your headlight connectors on the end of the harness are reversible,they have a "A" and "B" side,you need to test your truck light harness to find your commons,posotive or negative,you will then look at the plow headlight harness and notice small lettering at the ends,one wire will also say common